Please Help!! Freezing/refridgerating Question

Decorating By allyct Updated 7 Jul 2011 , 11:44pm by allyct

allyct Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allyct Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 1:44am
post #1 of 3

I made a cake (leg w/ achilles tendon rupture on an operating table) for a doctor I work with. He originally wanted it tomorrow so I made it last night and now he doesn't want it for another 10 days!! Can I freeze or refridgerate it till then? The leg is RTK covered in fondant and the cake is WASC w/ buttercream filling. It would REALLY stink if I had to remake this cake. Thanks for your help!

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 1:52am
post #2 of 3

Box cake. Wrap box in several layers of saran wrap & a layer of foil. Freeze. 24hrs. before delivery, place in fridge--still fully boxed & wrapped.
Several hours before display & cutting, place on counter--still fully boxed & wrapped. Remove wrappings & box, as now cake is same temp as the room. Cake should be just fine.

By the way, his decision to delay this by 10 days IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. If either of you is uncomfortable with freezing & defrosting the cake, then he gets this one--and pays for it--and you make him another one 9 days from now--AND HE PAYS FOR IT, TOO.

Rae

allyct Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allyct Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your advice. The cake is boxed/wrapped/frozen as we speak. I am going to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%