Sookie Fans?

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 6:11pm by FromScratchSF

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:27pm
post #31 of 44

I liked Quinn, because he could give her the more normal life. She'd have to give up less to be with him.

But I do still like Eric.

keiza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keiza07 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 5:04am
post #32 of 44

I read somewhere, and I think it was on Charlaine Harris' website, that the pln was always for the show and the books to be very different, and Charlaine Harris always knew that would be the deal with the series vs the books. I love both the books and the TV series but it was interesting reading the books after Id watched the show and seeing all the differences. I still have to buy book 11 and cant wait. Shes not writing them quick enough or getting them out to Australia quick enough either!

TexasSugar Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:34pm
post #33 of 44

Very Different they are.

So what are everybody's thoughts? Does Jessica meet the sun?

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:07pm
post #34 of 44

Jason is on his way to save her...I would think they won't kill her off because there is more to go with her and Hoyt/Jason triangle thing.

I read all the books right away and then read the new ones as they come out. I was less irritated with the show once the whole Marianne thing was over. Man she annoyed the @#$% out of me. lol I think because I had just read the books before that season started and it was so different I didn't like it.

I think the tv series is trying to make it a little less overwhelming. Even my husband who does not read the books at times finds they try to put too many supernatural beings together too soon. When the werepanther thing happened he rolled his eyes.

I prefer Sookie with Eric, but I wonder if he will stay on the show long term and that's why they made him King?

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:08am
post #35 of 44

I HATED the Marianne thing! It annoyed me too. I don't think Jessica will meet the sun either. I love her character, and they just started the triangle. I just watched the last episode yesterday because my in-laws have been visiting from FL the past two weeks. It was killing me knowing it was waiting for me ON Demand and I couldn't see it, LOL!! I didn't check this thread till I saw it because I didn't want to know what happened. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 1:54pm
post #36 of 44

I hated, hated, hated the Marianne thing. I so was over that season before it finally finished. If I hadn't already seen some of the next season I probably would have stopped there.

The Werepanthers didn't bother me much. I mean if you are going to believe in the wolves, and we already knew Sam was a shape shifter, then they really aren't a stretch.

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 5:58pm
post #37 of 44

I love love love the Sookie books! I really like the show too, though I'm not a huge fan of this season so far, though I'm loving the new sensitive Eric. icon_smile.gif The serious crush on Alexander Skaarsgard could have something to do with that though.

A friend of mine used to work on the same studio lot where they filmed, and she'd always tell me about seeing the different actors walking to and from stage in various stages of undress, or covered in blood, lol. That's gotta be a strange thing to see!

TexasSugar Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 1:48pm
post #38 of 44

I hate to say it, but I'd hope you'd get use to all the blood after a while?

I was proud of Jason last night. I felt bad for Jess, but I was proud of Jason. I'd forgotten that a year's time has passed since the end of season 3 and the beginning of this one. So I don't blame Hoyt for kicking her out either.

I'm about as tired of this witch stuff as I was the MaryAnn stuff. Sigh.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:22am
post #39 of 44

How did I miss this thread icon_biggrin.gif

I am a big fan of the books! When the show started I was so excited until I started watching the show with books fresh in my mind. I had a really hard time with it. Eric was just not the Eric I pictured in my head, and neither was Sookie. The storyline was wacky and I thought the accents were super over-done. It's been a while since I've read the books (I'm behind... they are on my bookshelf, I just don't have a ton of time right now) and now can take the show for what it is since the details are pretty fuzzy.

I was really worried about this season since book 4 was my favorite so far, and although they have only taken a fraction of the storyline from it, I think they are doing a decent job of keeping the essence and making their own stuff up.

But killing Claudine? That was weird. And no Claude? And what about the leader of Hotshot, Calvin, right? He's supposed to be an additional semi-love interest, is he even in the show? My point is, without those key characters I don't get how they can follow the books much farther.

Season 5 has been ordered by HBO. thumbs_up.gif

mim1106 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:54pm
post #40 of 44

Yeah, Calvin was portrayed as a huge jerk, and killed off, LOL. It doesn't follow too closely. My husband and I don't think it will go past season 5, unless they just totally start making stuff up icon_sad.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:09pm
post #41 of 44

Mim, they are already making stuff up. icon_wink.gif

mim1106 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:24pm
post #42 of 44

LOL, oh, I know. But they are killing key people off, No fairy war since they already closed it up, right, Jason's not a werepanther after all, Where's Bubba? He was so cute. King of Louisiana is dead, so is Sophie. What about the conference that Barry can't even show up for anyway since he is stuck. They would just have to totally go off the book then. Make up everything since they killed everyone off, LOL. I love it either way. Doesn't matter icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:03pm
post #43 of 44

Yeah there are way to many story lines, good story lines, that they have screwed up for the rest of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if Eric never gets his memory back and stays this sappy love sick guy.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:11pm
post #44 of 44

All I can say is if they don't have Sookie kill Debbie and Eric cleans up after, then they have really missed an important part of the series!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%