Alphabet Cutters

Decorating By evans000 Updated 4 Jul 2011 , 10:29pm by Coral3

evans000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evans000 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Guys sorry another question.

I am looking to buy some alphabet cutters just over an inch in size, i have a set but they're too small. Ive found large cookie cutters but the style is very plain.

I live in the UK could anyone recommend any?

Thanks Helen

3 replies
Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Helen, Clikstix by Windsor are really easy to use and come in several fonts. Also Tappits has some really nice fonts. Everyone loves the Funky font. You will see it on MANY cakes. But the Tappits are a little more difficult to use. It takes some practice. You can see the Funky font on my Dora cake. And on my Love Birds cake and Happy Birthday to Lesley cake I used the Clikstix.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 4

A lot of the larger size cutters are cookie cutters, and yes, the font tends to be very boring and plain, unfortunately.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 4

These ones are good, they're 9cm though, which might be too big, but they are certainly a lot more interesting than plain cookie cutter letters:

Looks like they're only available in capitals, and I think you have to buy each letter separately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%