?s About Mike Mccarey's Car Dvd

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm by Occther

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 11

For those of you who have Mike McCarey's car DVD, I was wondering if there are lots of details and if recipes are included. I'm thinking about ordering this DVD but could not find any information about it. I have not done any cake carving except for the small amount required for a Topsy Turvy cake and would need much hellp if I decide to try the Mustang. Thanks.

10 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 11

I do have it. Love it. Very detailed. Studied it for 2 yrs. Made my grandson a truck cake this yr.for his 16th b/d. Had a broken arm, next one will be even better. I couldn,t see the recipes,etc. but others from this site could, I e-mailed them and sent it all to me by e-mail. you wont, regret buying it. Anytime i have e-mailed with a question, they have never failed to answer me. They are so nice. hth

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 11

That DVD is incredible - there are sooooo many details and techniques. It is worth the price to see him work and explain his thought process - even if you don't want to do a car. It has been a while since I watched it, so I don't remember about the recipes.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 11
Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so much. I had looked at the website but didn't find the DVD info the first time. My son will be 16 in Oct and my neice already told me her fiance wants a Mustang groom's cake in 2013. At least I'll have time to practice. Thanks for all the encouragement.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 11

Agreed! I have it and LOVE it!! He's very detailed and gives lots of great hints and tips. And for the money, it's a GREAT buy!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 11

I checked it out at my local library and I LOVED it!!!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 11

I love this DVD as well and re-watch it every once in a while. I think it has great general 3D cake information, not just for cars. His techniques are very applicable to other projects. I don't think mine included recipes, but he does briefly talk about what he is using in the video.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:51pm
post #9 of 11

Mike's my favorite decorator, ever....his dvd is the only cake dvd I've ever purchased, and while I don't copy everything from it, it gave me good tips. I'd buy from him again! And yes it does include recipes. And he makes the entire cake start to finish for you, explaining each step in detail.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 11

You know I didn't mention that in my initial response -- yes, he does have recipes and other info in a packet that came with my DVD -- stuff like where to get blueprints and such. Very helpful!

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #11 of 11

Well worth the investment. By far, the best cake DVD that I own. Wish he would come out with more!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%