Who Has The Most Supplies Ac Moore Or Michaels?

Decorating By mjjandz Updated 23 Jan 2007 , 11:59pm by LisaA

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 11:52am
post #1 of 20

Which place has the most decorating supplies? I also have a Rag shop not far. Where else do you guys buy from that is not on line.

Thanks
Allison

p.s. I live in Northern NJ

icon_smile.gif

19 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 20

I buy a lot of stuff at JoAnn's also due to coupons. Slightly different prices also at our grocery store: Meijer. We have a fabulour cake store here with every supply possible, but no discounts or coupons, just stuff when you need it which sometimes is more important than a coupon!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 20

We don't have a rag shop anymore, it went out of businees last yr. We have JoAnn's fabric (never been in there yet) and about 10 stores over we have ACMoore's & Michaels side by side! Michaels has a much BIGGER selection. I haven't found any other places that carry the cake stuff I need besides the little selection they carry in the craft dept.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 20

I think it varies so much. In my area it seems like Michaels and AC Moore are about the same. They each have a few different supplies and I "think" Michaels has more in general - especially seasonal stuff. The Joanne's in my area only has a cardboard stand in the middle of the store with seasonal stuff... that's it.

Now for ALL of them, they accept each other's coupons, so the discount is universal for my neck of the woods at least. There's a cake store that's prices are similar to the other two, but no discounts, but it's a good place to get things that aren't pricey as I wouldn't bother with a coupon for those things (like colors, tips, etc).

Melissa

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 20

In my area, Orlando, FL, Michael's has a better selection than AC Moore. But that doesn't stop me from going to check out AC Moore anyway!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 20

Our Rag shop does not carry any baking supplies, only arts and crafts.

Our Michaels has 2 rows of Wilton products.

Our AC Moore has Wilton stuff and tons of chocolate making things.

Just depends on what you are looking for. Also, in this area Michaels takes competitor coupons, Rag shop and AC Moore does not.

mjjandz Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 20

No JoAnne's clost by.(I think). I have been to Michaels,so this week I will try AC Moore.

Thanks

Allison

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:33pm
post #8 of 20

Just to verify.....I heard Jo Ann and Michaels don't accept each others coupons anymore. I may be wrong.

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:46pm
post #9 of 20

I'm in North Central Ohio and we don't have any actual cake stores close by that I know of, icon_cry.gif . I would love to find one. But anyway, we only have Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn's superstore. The JoAnn'superstore has the most and the best prices with their preferred customer coupons. Every couple of weeks they send you a special flyer with a 40% off one item coupon and sometimes even a 50% off coupon for special weekend days.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 20

In my area(Virginia Beach) Michaels has more stuff, but some of the stuff that they have is cheaper at ACMoore so I will use a coupon and go there....since I work for Michaels I also get an employee discount which comes in very handy when I need stuff quickly otherwise if neither one of those stores have what I'm looking for I go to one of the cake supply stores. Our Joanns doesn't have a big selection of cake supplies.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:59pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

Just to verify.....I heard Jo Ann and Michaels don't accept each others coupons anymore. I may be wrong.

In my area, is still okay. But I may be surprised one of these days....

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:21pm
post #12 of 20

We have JoAnn's, Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Michael's has the most with JoAnn's close behind and there is always the coupons. Hobby Lobby also has the coupons but is more limited on their cake supplies icon_smile.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:15pm
post #13 of 20

In my area, there is only one AC Moore and they are a bit cheaper than Michaels. I still go to both because sometimes you can find one thing at one store and not the other.

Michaels will accept AC Moore coupons as long as its the original coupon from the sale ad.

FuturamaFanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FuturamaFanatic Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:31pm
post #14 of 20

Here there is only 1 isle of cake stuff at the Micheals's here. The only other place to get things is at Bulk Barn, but then it's usually tacky and expensive.

I would love to get in touch with anyone from just across the Ontario border near Detroit or Windsor or Buffalo, I've heard that cake decorating supplies is much cheaper in the US, than in Canada. Also there are a lot more things that you can get your hands on that Wilton won't import into Canada. Grrr.....

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:59pm
post #15 of 20

Only one aisle here at Michaels, and the nearest AC Moore is a zillion miles away but if I remember correctly it did have a lot of stuff. I find myself being disappointed as what I need isn't at either one. I am forced to order online a lot of the time. hehe, I have so many "email me when available" here at CC it's a shame...
icon_smile.gif Thanks,

mjjandz Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:19pm
post #16 of 20

went to ACMoore today and they had way more stuff them Michaels or Rag shop. So I guess I know where to go now. We also a a chain of stores here called Party City that sells wilton stuff, Not sure how much.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:27pm
post #17 of 20

I used to live in South Jersey and A.C. Moore had WAY more stuff than Michael's

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:29pm
post #18 of 20

My AC Moore has a better selection than Michael's, and their prices are better on a lot of items. Michael's will still take AC Moore coupons, but the previous poster was right...they have to be out of the flyer, not printed out from an email or their website.

moejoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moejoe Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:29pm
post #19 of 20

I find that Michael's and AcMoore have different things than each other. When AcMoore opened up here by me ,I haven't gone to Michael's anymore. I do find that Acmoore is cheapier than acmoore. I do know that party city sells wilton stuff too but not a big selection.

LisaA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaA Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:59pm
post #20 of 20

FYI, Michaels and JoAnn's are owned by the same people, so they do take each others coupons. Michaels will even take Hobby Lobby's coupons! I have done this many times at our Michael's in Plano, Tx. But, Hobby Lobby will not take any other coupons but their own! icon_biggrin.gif LisaA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%