Ants

Lounge By damchick Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 12:39am by damchick

damchick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
damchick Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 7

Howdy,

So I currently moved into a "friend/colleague's" home last Saturday while I was awaiting my apartment this September. I figured 2 months is short and Im a clean roommate, so no big deal. Woah, talk about a load of BS. On my second day there she saw me eat some popcorn in my bedroom and told me food in the bedroom was unacceptable because it would attract bugs. Mind you, Im paying top dollar to stay there, and would dispose of the bag in the kitchen trash. But to keep the peace I agreed to her rules. The very next day she said she founds ants in her bathroom and that it was my fault, and that they had infested the garage since I moved my stuff in. I don't beleive I did this. There were no bugs in my home when I moved out except for the occasional spider. When I told her I wouldnt put up with her crap and pay for extermination and that I was moving out the following weekend, she told all of my colleagues that I brought bugs into her home. Who the hell is going to want to order a cake from me now? I have checked every room she claims she found ants in and I haven't found a single one. Is she just trying to get free maintenace out of me for her home? What do I do to remedy my reputation from this?

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 7

The ants are much worse this year because of the drought. They may have showed up about the same time that you moved in, but it's a coincidence, not cause and effect. I even have fire ants coming in my house this year, which was never a problem before. If she looked around outdoors at night or in the early morning, she'd probably see the ants coming into the garage in a line, from a nest in the ground...which she could then treat to help eliminate the problem.

She sounds like a real b**** and not someone I'd want to live with. Can you put your stuff in storage and stay in an extended-stay motel until September?

damchick Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 7

Thats exactly what Im doing, everything is going in storage this Saturday, and Im moving out.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 7

I think it's good you're moving out. I would pretend the whole thing didn't happen and if anyone ever says anything I would just roll your eyes and shrug your shoulders and say "I never saw any ants."

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 7

Everybody has ants at one point or another. If I were going to order a cake from you, I wouldn't even connect the ant story to the cake.

You need to make some new friends. Wow. Hope you can find a new place pronto.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 1:52am
post #6 of 7

You can get rid of the ants within hours with Terro Ant Bait. It attracks them, they bring it back to the colony, and it kills the queen too.

damchick Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 12:39am
post #7 of 7

I will remember that if I ever have an ant infestation. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%