Anyone Seen This Cake Before???

Decorating By lilmansmum Updated 23 Jun 2011 , 4:46am by labmom

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:47am
post #1 of 6

I have a bride interested in this cake she found online. Here is the link to it: http://www.auntvickiescakes.com/weddingpics/slides/fountain-wedding-cakes.jpg I believe it is a Wilton cake, as she told me she thinks it is pictured on the box for the fanci-fountain. Anyway, I would really like to find the instructions for it. I can't really tell by looking at the pic how the sides of the cakes are decorated. It looks like some sort of ruffle....not sure exactly what tip they used, although it does appear to be all buttercream. Soooo, does anyone know where I might find the instructions? And if not, any ideas about what tips might have been used?

5 replies
pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:53am
post #2 of 6

it almost just looks like it's a star tip thats piped in a line around the cake. thats what i would do.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:54am
post #3 of 6

some research indicates it is in the book "Wilton Wedding Cakes - A Romantic Portfolio" should tell you everything.

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6

YES!!! I saw your picture and knew I'd seen it somewhere before.

It's on page 4 and 5 of the "Wilton Wedding Cakes" book. It's called "The Glow Endures." Believe it or not the sides are decorated with tip 80 in a shell motion (tip is positioned with curved area up). Then there's a 26 shell on the top and bottom borders. That's it.

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 3:03am
post #5 of 6

Okay, this is crazy, because I have the Wilton Wedding Cakes- A Romantic Portfolio book!!! I have a cake for this Friday, and the bride brought me that exact book to show me which cake she wanted. What a coincidence! But I have not even looked at any of the other cakes in that book. I am going to look at it right now. Thank you all so much! icon_biggrin.gif

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 4:46am
post #6 of 6

this is a nice cake, goes together well. I hve had several brides ask for this cake in the past before the stackedcake craze. one bride said that she wanted it all white with hooker red roses... i said uh, ok.

have a good time with it.. i put it on mirror tiles and it just is awsome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%