Red Lustre Dust?

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 25 Jun 2011 , 1:17am by KTB4

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:01am
post #1 of 8

I am having a devil of a time finding real red lustre dust in Canada. The Wilton stuff is way too pearly and looks almost whiteish on top of red fondant. The other colours I've been able to get my hands on are more burgandy. I just want red, is that too much to ask?

7 replies
cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:32am
post #2 of 8

Lol, I know what you mean. If you're ever near Pickering, flour confections sells red dusts. Several different shades! Good luck!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 2:33am
post #3 of 8

For edible red luster dust, you just can't beat the Crystal Colors Pearlized Red--scroll to the bottom of the order page:

http://www.sugarpaste.com/catalog/orderPearlColors.htm

Rae

KTB4 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 12:17am
post #4 of 8

Thanks cakification - I'll check if I ever get that way. I looked online but didn't see any, I'll check again though icon_smile.gif

Blake's Cakes - thanks. I'll check that out, if it's actually red it might just be worth the ginormous shipping charges we end up having to pay icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 12:31am
post #5 of 8

If you order from sugarpaste.com, e-mail Beth (Parvu) the creator & owner and see how she does the shipping charges these days. I'm no help there because I usually purchase from them at shows.

Rae

KTB4 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 1:20am
post #6 of 8

Will do thanks icon_smile.gif

flourconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourconfections Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:21am
post #7 of 8

Hi KTB4, the closest we have to red luster (lustre) dust is Rosie (to pink for you maybe?) and Rust (to brown?)...

Of course you can always add super pearl to the red petal dust of your liking.

Hope this helps...

KTB4 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 1:17am
post #8 of 8

Thanks Scott icon_smile.gif I do have Rosie, and yes it is too pink for what I was after but I do love the colour icon_smile.gif I didn't go for Rust since I thought it wouldn't be quite right either.

I never thought of adding a pearl to petal dust though, thanks! That helps so much - off to try it out now I think icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%