Should I Spend $$$ On Cricut Cake Class?

Decorating By sewsugarqueen Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 2:58am by tiggy2

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 5

Just got a cricut cake machine and cartridges as gift. I have been reading the hints given here but there is an opportunity to take a class on how to use your cricut cake at a bakers convention. But it's $200. I hate the idea of wasting time and fondant trying to get the hang of things. I also think I am just running out of patience in life. If I have a tool I want to learn how to use it successfully within a few hours but realize practice does make perfect.
Any dvd's out on how to really use that red machine? By the way it is the older version.

4 replies
pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 5

Yes... there are two sets of folks that make dvds... one is Carrie Biggers and the Sweet Southern Ladies and the other are done by Linda McClure. I have DVDs from both... you can probably buy the 2 from Carrie/SSL and all of Linda McClure's for less than $200.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 5

I took Linda McClure's basic class, and it was worth every penny. She does have very good DVDs that will give you all the information you need to make successful cuts (her first DVD, Creative Designs, would be the best one if you have a Cricut). She also has a blog on her site with lots of useful information. Her business name is Deseret Designs. But, I'm a visual learner and like to have an expert to give the extra hints and tips, so classes make a very big difference in my ability to assimilate and use techniques.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 5

Linda McClure taught Carrie and the girls from Louisiana. If you want to get the best information for the money, go to Lindas web site. I took her class and also have the DVDs for using the Cricut. I know that she is closing out her Cricut inventory so you will get them at a discounted price, a lot less then $200.00

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:58am
post #5 of 5

Linda's DVDs are the best. She invented the method and taught everyone else mentioned above. You can get her entire class on DVD. I took her class and it was worth every penny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%