Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse -- Weeping?

Baking By mandalazy Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 10:10pm by mandalazy

mandalazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandalazy Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting my first wedding cake next month. I made a smaller sample cake for the bride to taste, and it turned out great. Vanilla bean cream cake with raspberry white chocolate mousse filling, covered with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream. It will be three tiers (16x12xicon_cool.gif. It was a little hot in my house after we finished dinner and the tasting, and I noticed that the mousse had started to weep a bit from the base of the cake.

I plan to keep the cake refrigerated aside from the limited time where it will be in the car going to the venue, and we'll crank the AC, but I'm still paranoid.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Is there any sort of stabilizer I can add to the mousse to keep it together?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie!

-Amanda

2 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 3

Post your recipe for the mousse. That is the only way to tell if it is an ingredient or process.

Also how did you frost the cake? Did you make a frosting dam around the mousse?

mandalazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandalazy Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 3

On my gosh - damming the mousse. That's what I forgot!

I'll post the recipe when I get home, but that probably has a lot to do with it!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Post your recipe for the mousse. That is the only way to tell if it is an ingredient or process.

Also how did you frost the cake? Did you make a frosting dam around the mousse?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%