Looking For Cookies N' Cream...

Baking By Kenzy Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 7:22pm by michiparma

Kenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kenzy Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for a Cookies n' Cream recipe.....cake, filling, icing ANYTHING will help!

Thank you in advance

7 replies
divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 8

I whip up 2 c pastry pride (bettercreme) with 1 pk instant pudding (white chocolate or oreo blended with 1/4 c water) until desired thickness and then add crushed oreos til it looks and tastes right! Melvira has lots of recipes like this one!

Or

Use your favorite buttercream recipe and add oreos

Here are cookies and cream cupcakes with frosting but I am sure you could make it as a cake! This is by Jessdesserts

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes (Makes 22-24) - JessDesserts
30 Oreo cookies
1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
1-1/3 c water (or a mix of water/vanilla creamer)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

*Count out 12 Oreos and separate the top and bottom wafers. Make sure each has some of the icing on it. Place one wafer, icing side up, in the bottom of each paper liner.
*Place the remaining 18 Oreos between sheets of waxed paper or in a large, closed zipper-lock bag and crush them by rolling over them with a rolling pin. Set these crumbs aside.
*Mix all ingredients except crushed oreos. When batter is thoroughly incorporated, fold in 1 & 1/2 cups crushed Oreos.
* Spoon batter into cupcake liners. Approx 1/3 cup ( I use an ice cream scooper which is super-easy!
*Bake approx. 17-18 minutes. Let cool before frosting. *I replaced the oreos with double stuff MINT oreos and I took a bite and said "thats whoa". I am talking too freaking good to describe.

Cookies and Cream Frosting - JessDesserts
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
a pinch of salt
2/3 cup vanilla coffee creamer
1 tsp vanilla extract ( or 1/2 marshmallow extract if you have it)
remaining crushed Oreos
* Mix together butter, confectioners sugar, and a pinch of salt until its creamy. Increase your mixer speed to high and beat until its light
and fluffy. Add creamer and vanilla. Beat until its smooth. Fold in crushed Oreos. Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes.

Hope this helps!

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 8

Cookies and Cream Filling (just made this with an Esp. Dark Hershey Cake):

2 sticks unsalted butter
1 pkg cream cheese
1 teasp. vanilla
15 oreo cookies - I just put them in a large baggie and crushed them up
with my hands
8 c. powdered sugar
I also use heavy cream - 2tbsp. approx

Beat butter and cream cheese(both at room temp) until well combined. add vanilla and cream after scraping down bowl. Mix in powdered sugar. Fold in oreos - you can add more if you want. The cookies remained nice and crisp in this filling. Originally I was going to use a dream whip instead of cream cheese. I had my husband do a taste test and he really liked the cream cheese version.

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 8

Cherie, those sound really good!! Just wondering, did you refrigerate the cake with the cream cheese version of the filling?

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 8

I filled and frosted the cake in the morning, put it in the refrigerator and delivered it in the afternoon. With cream cheese I would not leave the filling out overnight without refrigeration.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 8

You can also just crush up Oreos and put them in your regular BC and fill the cake with that.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 8

One of my favorite cakes is cookies and cream! I just add crushed up oreos to my regular white cake batter.

michiparma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michiparma Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 8

I just made some oreo/cookies n cream filling this past weekend. I used IndyDebi's BC, added the oreo filling to the BC and folded in the crushed cookies. Don't crush too much! And I highly recommend the folding in of the cookies. I've mixed them in the mixer in the past and it doesn't do the filling justice! HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%