Some Simple Flowers For A First Timer?

Decorating By jennifercullen Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 3:23pm by jennifercullen

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:27am
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake for a family friend for Saturday. It's going to be an 8 inch square pillow (or at least it is starting out that size) I want to make a crown and possibly some shoes for the top but I wanted to try my hand at some flowers to go around the bottom so it doesn't look empty, and also because its going to be at a summer party.. I just wondered if anyone could tell me any flowers which are simple yet colourful and elegant.(the person I'm making for is your kind of stereotypical no kids and designer shoes type people, her friends actually nicknamed her queenie, hence the crown) I'm going to do my cushion white so I'd like really brightly coloured flowers really. She likes lilies but they seem really quite complicated on the tutorial page on the how do I forum. TIA

jenny

3 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 4

Calla lilies are pretty easy and you can do them fairly quickly (in time for a Saturday cake). While not as elegant, daisies are very simple and they would be very pretty for a summer party.

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 4

I agree calla lilies are pretty simple, and you can just use a heart cutter so you don't need to buy anything special for it.

Anemone's are pretty simple too, those were the first flowers I made, you just need a circle cutter for those....

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm going to have a go at making some tonight and see how they go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%