What Lengths Have You Gone To Delivering A Cake?

Decorating By cookiemom51 Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 3:48am by platinumlady

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:02am
post #31 of 33

Jeez Louise Irish245... you WIN! icon_eek.gif I'm so glad that story didn't end worse!

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:16am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemom51

Honest to goodness, I cannot think of another group of service providers who would go through what you all have to deliver a cake. I am just full of admiration for my fellow cakers! Or are we all nuts? lol

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Nuts, defiantly nuts! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The irony is, I have heard, "This job is gonna be the death of me.", from all walks of life. But I have to say that it sounds to me, the cakers have it! LOL!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:48am
post #33 of 33

Early on when I was going to go into business with my half-sister a friend of mine wanted a cake similar to the one my half-sister made for her own birthday. I drove three hours to Wichita to pick up the cake had to stay over cause I was too tired to drive right back...drove back 3 hours just with enough time to re-shower & get ready to take the cake to the party. I kept praying the whole way not to hit any bumps cause my half-sister created a homemade a cake box with mostly foil...l0l & it was 3 tier already assembled ... And the bad part I didn't get paid not one dime. Half-sister was/is cheap. So glad I'm in business by myself now. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%