Mold For Beer Bottle Materials?

Sugar Work By sweetbrantleys Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 7:15am by Kenikenmaui

sweetbrantleys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbrantleys Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 10

where can you find the products to make the mold beside online? do they sell anything to make this at a craft store like Joann's? Someone is asking me for this design at very short notice. Trying to see if I can make the mold in time without ordering online. Thank you in advance icon_smile.gif

9 replies
MFARAH1020 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MFARAH1020 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 10

I used this video to make my mold and it came out great, I bought the liquid silicone at Michael's.

Please see my beer bucket cake.

sweetbrantleys Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 10

thank you so much!! you used isomalt as well? the flippin volume is stuck on mute on my laptop... :/ I'm going to have to go to my husbands office tomorrow to watch it.. lame!

MFARAH1020 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MFARAH1020 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 10

No, I used corn syrup and regular sugar (1 cup of sugar and one cup of corn syrup). To me it works perfect and it is cheaper.

sweetbrantleys Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 1:00am
post #5 of 10

thanks again!

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:38am
post #6 of 10

wow thats a lot cheeper than the ones i've been looking at, but is it food safe? and can you use it for chocolate?

Kenikenmaui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kenikenmaui Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the afordable tips! Would anybody suggest using 1 cup equal sugar and corn syrup for a wine bottle that's bigger than beer bottle? Wondering how much. Would it be possible to mold half the bottle then bring the two together for a full bottle with bottom? I would like to make my wine bottle suspened over the cake. Thanks ope for ideas.

Kenikenmaui Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:13am
post #8 of 10

Ok, so I decided to give this a try because I really need sugar bottles however in the video the female states she use 15 plus coats. Her bottles are nice and thick. I am up to 24 coats on the 3 bottles I'm making and I can still see thru them. I started off with thin layers am I suppose to apply thicker coats now? I've been coating for 2 days now. Thanks

sgalvan62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgalvan62 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:38am
post #9 of 10

Hi, i also used mold builders to make my mold (beer barrell in my pic's) i put a little thicker as i went along ,took about 15 coats in 5 days, don't give up! icon_biggrin.gif

Kenikenmaui Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 7:15am
post #10 of 10

Lol ok thanks, I was second guessing. I live on Maui so it's very hard finding any craft items. I lucked up and found mold builder for $25!!!!!!! Yes very high because of island living. Ugh! icon_sad.gif thinking about ordering some from amazon but my shipping will still be high. Oh well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%