Cupcake Experts Can You Help Me?

Baking By conchita Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 3:26pm by tmgarcia_98

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 15

Hello, I need to make 50 cupcakes and I don't know what to do because when ever I bake cupcakes I use the cupcake pan and I also put the cupcake liners inside. but when the cupcakes come out they look ugly from the liners . so I try putting 2 liners to see if they would look diferent and they don't. I need to make this cupcakes look pretty from their liners because I will be using a cupcake tower for display.
I seen so many cute cupcakes with regular store bought cupcake liners and they look so nice and clean. any good tips? thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 15

What do you mean they look ugly from the liners? Do you have any pics?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 15

Can you describe what you mean by 'they look ugly'??

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 15

Do you mean any pattern on your liners is not visible after baking? If so, you need to use greaseproof liners or foil ones.

AmesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmesCakes Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 15

What I have done in the past is this:
Bake the Cupcakes in whatever liners you want and then after they are done, put the pretty liners over the ones you baked them in. That has worked pretty good for me, especially when you are displaying them on a tower. I hope this helps!

-Amy

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 15

I always use silver foil liners. I don't care for the wilton ones, the brand I use is Bake Fresh. I get them in the baking aisle at the grocery store. They come with a white inner liner and silver outer. I always take them apart and use just the silver. Cupcakes come out pretty every time!

conchita Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 12:58am
post #7 of 15

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

conchita Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:00am
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

Do you mean any pattern on your liners is not visible after baking? If so, you need to use greaseproof liners or foil ones.

yes that is exactly what I mean. thanks for the tip I will start looking for them I always purchase the wilton brand. thanks thumbs_up.gif

conchita Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:00am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmesCakes

What I have done in the past is this:
Bake the Cupcakes in whatever liners you want and then after they are done, put the pretty liners over the ones you baked them in. That has worked pretty good for me, especially when you are displaying them on a tower. I hope this helps!

-Amy

thanks Amy for your help icon_biggrin.gif

conchita Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:01am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgarcia_98

I always use silver foil liners. I don't care for the wilton ones, the brand I use is Bake Fresh. I get them in the baking aisle at the grocery store. They come with a white inner liner and silver outer. I always take them apart and use just the silver. Cupcakes come out pretty every time!

thank you so much for your help icon_smile.gif

HomemadeUpgrade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HomemadeUpgrade Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 5:08pm
post #11 of 15

Wilton liners suck. They are definitely not greaseproof. Hobby Lobby just started carrying Cupcake Creations liners that are greaseproof and come in lots of adorable prints and colors.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 11:47pm
post #12 of 15

Thumbs up for Cupcake Creations. Wilton = greasy mess. I also like using Reynolds brand from the grocery store. They are pretty great too.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 11:54pm
post #13 of 15

I never had a problem with Wilton liners. Williams-Sonoma and Plastic Container City's liners are really good. I have to make over 320 cuppies for a wedding in August and I will be using the liners from PCC. They are fantastic.

HTH!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 12:06am
post #14 of 15

Tmgarcia, do the cupcakes stick to the silver lining?

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 3:26pm
post #15 of 15

I have had mine stick in the Wilton silver liners, but never the Bake Fresh ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%