Turquoise Frosting

Decorating By kger Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 8:42pm by poohsmomma

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 8

I need to make turquoise frosting, and got some Teal gel from Americolor at the advice of someone. It arrived today, and from the sticker on the outside, it appears to be like a jade green. Anyone know if that's the color I should be going with, or should I for something different?

7 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 8

Just use a small amount. I think the teal is a bit more on the green side--which turquiose is so a little might work.. You could also think about adding a touch of sky blue. Experiment...it's the best way. I've made turquoise before and it seems like I mixed more than one color to get what I needed. But a little goes a long way with the blue colors!

dlcamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlcamp Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 8

I had to make turquoise this past week for my son's wedding cake. It was supposed to be a more blue shade of turquoise. I started with the teal and added sky blue. For the color I needed, I probably should have started with the blue and added the teal, but it came out ok.

cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 8

i have an AmeriColor turquoise gel color...not sure if you have a cake supply in your area though :/ good luck icon_smile.gif

cbiscuit85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cbiscuit85 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 8

I agree that teal + sky blue = turquoise. I would use the sky blue first and then add a little bit of teal at a time because it is darker.

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:40am
post #6 of 8

I did this using teal and royal blue. They were the only colors I had available and it worked. Not sure if they are both Americolor though.

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 8

Arrgh! I'm plum outta blue. I made a trip to my cake store to get the teal since I have to make 4 batches and wanted a more uniform color than mixing could give me, but I can go find some Wilton color at Michael's.

Thanks y'all.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 8

Or sky blue with a touch of yellow

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%