I've Been Out Of The Game Too Long!!

Business By Lenette Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 6:42am by JohnnyCakes1966

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 9

Someone called to inquire about a cake and then hung up on me after I told her the price. I just kinda stared at the phone in shock for a second. I had forgotten what this was like, LOL

8 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 9

I can't believe they just hung up on you, how rude thumbsdown.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 9

Got Caller- ID? Call them back and say "I'm sorry, we must have got disconnected."

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng1482

Got Caller- ID? Call them back and say "I'm sorry, we must have got disconnected."

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

My son did this once! He worked at Sears and someone in another Sears store called him for something. They didn't like what he was saying so they hung up on him in mid sentence. He called them back and when they answered, he started talking in mid-sentence, right where he had left off!

That's my boy! icon_biggrin.gif

MariahS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariahS Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng1482

I love it!! icon_lol.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 9

It just keeps getting better! One lady last week tells me she could get a cake at the grocery for 60 cents a serving. I told her I couldn't possibly match that price! That is seriously not worth washing my hands and putting an apron on.

I know I gotta get business back rolling again but I keep telling myself "all money ain't good money"

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 12:44am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

It just keeps getting better! One lady last week tells me she could get a cake at the grocery for 60 cents a serving. I told her I couldn't possibly match that price! That is seriously not worth washing my hands and putting an apron on.

I know I gotta get business back rolling again but I keep telling myself "all money ain't good money"

And 50 cents an hour "ain't good money"..... <sigh>

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 5:52am
post #8 of 9

I am days away from being legal to sell and just know there are going to be people react the same way. Quite a few people are anxious for me to be up and running the business so jaw dropping at my prices is sure to happen! I have been doing my research and know my prices are right in the groove for the bakers in my area. But, I know there are going to be people I know who are going to be shocked at how much "cake" can go for! It will be time to separate those who want Walmart cake from those who have discerning tastes and know they are getting gourmet edible art.

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 6:42am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

One lady last week tells me she could get a cake at the grocery for 60 cents a serving.

I have a few responses that I use for that one, depending on my mood:

60 cents a serving and you're shopping around for a better price??

At that price, you'd better hang up and get to the grocery store before they sell out!

Well the fact that you're calling me means you know my cakes taste better. That alone is worth more money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%