Need A Ganache

Baking By AMOVERBY Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 9:55pm by AMOVERBY

AMOVERBY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMOVERBY Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 7

I'm needing a recipe for a ganache that will give me a nice clean finish like this cake http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1488543 every recipe I've tried is to liquidy unless I'm doing something wrong.

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 7

That's your basic poured ganache. There are recipes here on CC or you could just google for some on other sites. It IS quite runny when you make it - that's why it pours on so beautifully. But once it's on the cake, it sets up. You might want to try putting it on a cake that's been refrigerated. That would probably keep it from running too far down the sides of the cake and pooling at the bottom.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

That's your basic poured ganache. There are recipes here on CC or you could just google for some on other sites. It IS quite runny when you make it - that's why it pours on so beautifully. But once it's on the cake, it sets up. You might want to try putting it on a cake that's been refrigerated. That would probably keep it from running too far down the sides of the cake and pooling at the bottom.

yep, and make sure it is a room temp before trying this too.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 7

Ganache is a 2:1 ratio for dark, and 3:1 for white.

That means 60 ounces semi sweet chocolate, in chips or chopped up block.
24 ounces heavy whipping cream.

and for white 90 ounces semi sweet chocolate.
24 ounces whipping cream.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 7

I use 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter, splash of vanilla and 1 cup whipping cream.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 7

The 2:1 (or 3:1) ratio is for the ganache that sets kind of like peanut butter. The poured kind is a different recipe (I think there's one or maybe more than one in the recipe section here). And Sorelle is, of course, right about letting it come to room temp before pouring it on!

AMOVERBY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMOVERBY Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much ladies, maybe thats what I was doing wrong (not enough liquid & putting it on a room temp cake). Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%