Peach Cake For Hispanic Friend

Baking By MollyHammond Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 7:18am by sweettreat101

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 13

I have a friend who is Hispanic-from Mexico- that has requested a peach cake. Does anybody have a recipe that would be authentic. I also need ideas for a topping and if it is torted a filling as well
Molly

12 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 13

Why don't you make a peach tres leches cake. I think she would like that.

MollyHammond Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 13

That is a great idea! I have never made a tres leche cake. Do you have a recipe? I know you use 3 different milks and pour them over the top of the baked cake but I don't know how to go about a peach tres leche. help!

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 13

I have never made one but I did a quick search on google and came up with this http://www.starchefs.com/DRodriguez_peachtres.html

I hope this helps.

sweettreat101 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:10am
post #5 of 13

I am actually making one tonight. Half white and half chocolate tres leches. Here is the recipe I use. 1 Betty Crocker white cake mix, 1 1/2 cups flour, 5 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 cup milk. Mix until combined and bake at 325 until done. Three milks: 7 ounces evaporated milk, 1/2 14oz can of condensed milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract or a couple of drops of coconut Loranne candy oil. I level my cakes and poke holes about 1/2 inch in from the edge using a skewer. I pour 1/4 cup of the milks on at a time let it soak in and the pour on more. You want the cake moist but not so moist that you can't pick it up and stack it. I usually fill mine with a mousse made using two cups whipping cream and one small box instant vanilla pudding. Whip until peaks form. You could also add chopped peaches to your mousse. I have one customer that only orders my tres leches cakes. The huge blue star cake is all tres leches. When soaking I gently lift up the cake to see how much liquid is leaking out the bottom. If you can see small puddles of liquid underneath then you have added enough milks. I usually let them rest over night before decorating. You could also add peach Loranne oil to your cake batter or butter cream. It doesn't take much just a few drops. Hope this helps.

MollyHammond Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:22am
post #6 of 13

Thanks so much I will try this. Do you use square or round pans and do you top this with anything?
Thanks.
Molly

sweettreat101 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:18am
post #7 of 13

I use round pans. You could make it into a sheet cake, torte and fill. If you are just cutting into squares then I would top each slice with a rosette of mousse. This is the tres leches cake I made last night. It is filled with a vanilla mousse and frosted in butter cream. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2066340

MollyHammond Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 10:03am
post #8 of 13

Beautiful job on the cake!!! Would you share your mousse recipe please. Thanks for walking me trhough this.
Molly

sweettreat101 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:57am
post #9 of 13

So simple. Two cups whipping cream one small box of instant pudding. Whip until peaks form. So good. This is my most requested filling and holds up well. I had a friend leave cupcakes filled with this mousse out on the counter overnight which I would never do and she still ate them. I only use this if the cake will not be unrefrigerated over four hours. I have made banana cream, white chocolate, chocolate fudge, vanilla and cheesecake mousse. For the cheesecake mousse I used cheesecake pudding and folded in about one cup of a baked cheesecake. I also use this recipe to pipe rosettes on my cheesecakes and pies. Much better than plain old whipping cream and is stable for up to one week in the fridge if you don't eat it first.

SugarandSpice3674 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarandSpice3674 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:05am
post #10 of 13

I just made Brown Sugar Peach Mango cupcakes this weekend, i picked up some peach mango jam from the farmers market,You could use just peach- I use the same white cake recipe for everything and adjust it for the flavors, so i replaced some of the white sugar with brown and took the jam and swirled it in to the batter of each cupcake just before baking, baked them and took the rest of the jam and whipped it into imbc for the frosting, it got rave reviews, not sure if thats something similar to what your looking for, but it works great Good Luck!

sweettreat101 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:05am
post #11 of 13

If you will be using two layers of cake and filling what I do is bake my two layers, level them and place on two pieces of cardboard covered with wax paper. I take a skewer and poke holes all over the cake. Pour 1/4 cup of the milks on the cake layers and let the milks soak in. Keep pouring 1/4 cup of the milks until the cake feels moist to the touch. Wrap your cakes in plastic wrap and freeze. When I want to decorate I take the cakes out leaving them wrapped and let them partially thaw. It is easier to fill and stack if the cake is still partially frozen. After stacking let the cake completely thaw in the fridge. At this point you can frost with butter cream and decorate as you would a regular cake mix. If you are just making a sheet cake and you want to torte your cake make sure you torte and place each piece on cardboard just as you would with a layer cake. Follow the same steps above. Then you can slide the top piece on top of the bottom after you have added your filling. It's a little more of a pain trying to work with a soggy cake but it can be done.

MollyHammond Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 3:48pm
post #12 of 13

I used cheesecake pudding and folded in about one cup of a baked cheesecake.

Is the baked cheesecake that you fold in some you have extra or do you bake extra? Thanks for all your help and ideas.
Molly

sweettreat101 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 7:18am
post #13 of 13

I bake a small cheesecake and fold about 1 cup into the cheesecake mousse. I use 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup sour cream. I cream the cheese, butter and sugar together. Add the egg, vanilla and cornstarch. Stir in sour cream. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes and turn off the oven leaving the cheesecake inside for 15 minutes. Chill until set.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%