How To Make A Dessert Table.

Decorating By Alycee Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 4:18am by FromScratchSF

Alycee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alycee Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:58am
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone!!! I got a request from a bride who wants a dessert table for her wedding, to serve 200 guests. She's asking for things like cupcakes, petit fours, brownies, cookies, etc... but I'm not shure how many pieces of each thing should I make, and how much should I charge. All of your ideas are welcome!!!! Thanks!!!!!

8 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 10:54am
post #2 of 9

Sounds fun, I would think if they are small pieces, maybe 3 per person, I know if I wander to a dessert bar, I going to take one of each....just a thought.. As for what to charge, sorry can't help yu there

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:27am
post #3 of 9

I just did one for a wedding of 160 people. The bride wanted cupcakes, cake pops and chocolate covered oreos.

Made 300 cupcakes, 150 cake pops and 100 chocolate oreos as per the brides request. She said her friends loved to eat.

I talked to her after the wedding and she said she had 1/2 of everything left over. They served a big dinner, later start and by the end of the night people were full.

I would suggest getting take out containers for guest to take them home if they can't eat them.

As for price, I charged what I would have per item, added $100 for deliery and set-up and $100 in stand rentals

goodiegoddess Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:31am
post #4 of 9

I added a picture to my photos if you wante to look at my set-up. This is only 1/2 of the items, they were stocked during the night as needed

goodiegoddess Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 9

They my picture down because they said it was "undecorated" items.......considering the table was only made of cakepops, cupcakes and chocolate oreos with transfer sheets not sure what they are talking about.

If you want to see the picture just message me and I can email it to you

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 9

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, don't do petit fours. Big pia for little return.

Do elegant and easy. A great homemade brownie with the best chocolate. A perfect chocolate chip cookie. Mini cupcakes. Mini cheesecakes are always nice, but easy. Some homemade biscotti. Some sort of tart. Possibly cream puffs.

I think 3-4 per person. Everything should be bite sized except for the cookies. They should be standard.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 9

I don't know if this is along the lines you were asking but this site has alot of fun ideas anyway!! http://www.hostessblog.com/page/3/

Alycee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alycee Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:42am
post #8 of 9

Thanks to everyone!!! Now I have a better idea of what to do!!!! THANX!!!!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:18am
post #9 of 9

For inspiration, Amy Atlas is the best at design for the table, they make me weep with joy at their sheer perfection...

http://www.amyatlas.com/

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%