Divider For 11 X 15 Pan For 2 Flavors

Decorating By cairocats Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 11:09pm by foodguy

cairocats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cairocats Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking for a divider for an 11 x 15 pan because most of the cakes I make are 1/2 yellow and 1/2 chocolate. I have seen such a thing, but of course I cant remember where. If anyone has a clue, can you please help? I have been using cardboard with foil covering. Would like a plastic one. Think it would be much easier. Thanks in advance.

8 replies
SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 9

I think they are called batter separators. Might try goggling that to get an idea of where to get them.

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 9

Try Kimber Cakeware with a . and a com-they have a great adjustable batter divider, and one for cupcakes as well. Very inexpensive-you can order drectly from their site. They ship quickly.
I really like this item.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy

Try Kimber Cakeware with a . and a com-they have a great adjustable batter divider, and one for cupcakes as well. Very inexpensive-you can order drectly from their site. They ship quickly.
I really like this item.

I like this product, too. Works like a charm!

Connie1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Connie1027 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 9

I've done this with and without a piece of folded aluminum foil. But the last few times, I poured one flavor on one side and had someone else pour the other side at the same time. Then I took a knife and marbleized the area where they met. So I ended up having one cake that was vanilla, chocolate and marble. It works pretty good. And you don't have anything extra to clean!!!

cairocats Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 9

thank you so much for your help. I will check it out.

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 9

I do like Connie does and bake the cake 1/2 and 1/2 in one pan, no divider. I prop up one side, pour the first batter and then as I'm pouring the second, I lay it flat and they run together, then I marble the center. It's like three cakes in one!

Tami icon_smile.gif

cairocats Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 9

I ordered the divider. It is on its way. Thank you for the info. I always know I can find out things here. There are so many pro's. Thanks again.

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 9

You will love it-its a great tool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%