Gumpaste Diploma

Decorating By AMOVERBY Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 3:13am by ajwonka

AMOVERBY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMOVERBY Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 3

Need some help.... how would I make a gumpaste diploma? does anyone have pictures of one?

And then if I want to write on the diploma with royal icing, should I wait till it dries, or let both the gumpaste and royal icing dry at the same time?

2 replies
mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 8:52am
post #2 of 3

Roll out a gumpaste rectangle depending what size you want. Fairly thin. Roll it around a cylindrical object (like the small fondant roller). You can roll it up all the way or leave a little bit sticking out to write on. Let dry. Then write on it with your pen. It doesn't have to be completely dry to write on, but it helps. If you roll it up all the way, tie with a ribbon when it's dry. (Create the ribbon indent when it's still soft btw).If it is unrolled, just let the ribbon dangle like you just untied it.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:13am
post #3 of 3

I took a different approach on this cake:

I cut quite thin gumpaste, rolled the corners slightly, & let totally dry. I painted the corners gold to look fancier then used Americolor edible markers for the lettering. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%