Wilton Conversion Chart

Business By desfox13 Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 4:06pm by desfox13

desfox13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desfox13 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 11

One day, I saw posted a WONderful chart that said just how many cups of batter you need to use for every shape and size pan. I thought that it was on Wilton, but I can't find it. It also said, if I remember right, how many people each one feeds. I am a newbie and a friend saw some pictures of my cakes and wants me to bake one for her son's birthday. I figured, "I can handle that." Then when I asked how many people would be attending the party, she told me a least 100! I have never baked for such a large crew before and am a little intimidated! Any advice? I live in Mexico, I should have known better, lol. Mexican parties are always huge!

10 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 11

Have you tried googling it? It should come right up. I am on my phone's web browser right now, otherwise I'd post a link.

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 11

I don't know how to attach a link, but if you go to the wilton website and on the side bar where it says "cake" click on that and there is a section for batter amounts and such. hope this helps!

esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 11

I think this is what you're looking for. It is on the Wilton website under "cakes", then "making cakes".

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-3-inch-pans.cfm

HTH

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 11

Sorry I left out something out. Go to the side bar "Cakes" after that comes up then scroll down to "making cakes" and there is a link for "baking times, batter amounts and serving guide"

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 11

To clarify, esq1031 posted a link for 3 inch deep pans, mine is for the 2 inch pans...the servings are the same, because the cakes are cut into the same number of pieces, but the batter amounts will be different.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 11
desfox13 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:59pm
post #10 of 11

You guys are soooo sweet. Thank you, that is exactly what I needed! I knew I could count on you guys, you are so supportive! I have 7 kids and 9 grand-children, so, I have baked all of my life. My cakes are great, but I never had $ or time to make them very pretty. I am able to buy the special tools needed now, and due to retiring in Mexico, I have the time! It is soooo much fun and is very rewarding. While I practice, I give my cakes away to the local fishing village families, and they are happy as punch!

desfox13 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 4:06pm
post #11 of 11

Carmijok your photo is hilarious! And your link is pretty good too, lol. Thanks everyone. Cakegirl1973, ..., I have learned a lot from you already. I read a lot of what you say to others too. Thanks much to lily, sangria and esq., also. And BTW, thumbs up to LisaPeps on your weight loss. Not an easy thing to do while making cake! Congrats, lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%