Freezing And Simple Syrup

Decorating By sccandwbfan Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 1:45am by tryingcake

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 7

Howdy,

If I want to put a cake in the freezer (uniced) for a few days, should I put the simple syrup on before I freeze it?

Thanks.

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, i would torte it, simple syrup each side(not wet it) wrap good and freeze. That is what i would do. Others may do different.

sparkle25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkle25 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 7

I always freeze my cakes, and have never used simple syrup. I just wrap my cakes in saran wrap and then a layer of tinfoil. I wrap them while they are still warm from the oven which makes them nice and moist.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 7

I freeze my whole cake and torte it later. I let it thaw a bit in the refrigerator to make it easier to cut but still not room temp...makes crumb coating easier. I don't use simple syrup usually but I have used Khalua as a 'syrup' spread on chocolate cake...but again, I do it after I've torted.

I always freeze cooled cakes and the reason is, that I've had warm cakes form condensation and actually make them soggy. I just wrap tightly in several layers of saran wrap and take the wrap off before letting it come to room temp.

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone. icon_smile.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 12:53am
post #6 of 7

I've had trouble freezing cake with simple syrup already on it...the syrup seems to go gritty. I would apply the syrup after thawing.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 1:45am
post #7 of 7

I simple syrup if needed, torte and crumb coat before freezing quiet often. Life is good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%