Frappuccino Cake?

Decorating By My_Little_Cake_Shop Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 1:06pm by My_Little_Cake_Shop

My_Little_Cake_Shop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
My_Little_Cake_Shop Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,

I was asked to make a cake that resembles a starbucks frappuccino in a clear plastic take away cup. I will try to attach a pic.

How do you think I should approach this cake? How do I make the clear plastic? Or can I use something else? All help appreciated!

Thanks

7 replies
My_Little_Cake_Shop Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 8

are attachments disabled? I cant attach a pic to my msg

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 1:41am
post #3 of 8

I think that I would make the cake, then cover in fondant and paint with confectioner's glaze to shine it up. If you wanted, you make it look like a plastic rim by making an isomalt rim. But if you put the whip cream around the rim , it won''t really be necessary. You could use little dots of piping gel to look like condensation. I would use an edible image for the starbucks logo.

My_Little_Cake_Shop Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks cakesrock great ideas
I was thinking of making an isomalt shape too for the cup but i'm not sure yet. I might try the glaze it sounds easier.

cakesrock Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 8

Yeah, the glaze is easier. Have you worked with isomalt? It is a bit finicky, I find...And if you haven't done it before, I don't think I would try it for the first time with that project.
You can make it look close enough to the Frap in the plastic cup without using that. I'm not even sure how you'd make a mold to achieve that look?! I have only been semi-succesful with gems. I tried to make a cover for a blackberry and decided to ditch the idea when the isomalt when south (out of my make-shift mold). I'm considering trying mirrors next, but may not commit to it!

My_Little_Cake_Shop Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 6:04am
post #6 of 8

I did make a few diamonds for engagement rings before with isomalt. They were ok but not perfect. A few air bubbles inside and not-so-clear.
I dont think I'm gonna use isomalt. No mold and too much of a hassle

cakesrock Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:59pm
post #7 of 8

good luck and please post pics after!

My_Little_Cake_Shop Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:06pm
post #8 of 8

of course!!! Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%