Ribbon On Cake

Decorating By Rae9 Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 2:49pm by Rae9

Rae9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rae9 Posted 30 May 2011 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 7

I am about to do my first wedding cake and the bride wants ribbon around the base of each layer however she wants a thick black ribbon and a thin green ribbon on top of the black ribbon. I am not too worried about attaching the black ribbon to the cake but I have no idea how to attach the green ribbon to the black ribbon. Can someone please give me some insight? Thanks!!

6 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 30 May 2011 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 7

maybe try royal icing or chocolate to attach the ribbons

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 30 May 2011 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 7

I would use royal icing, but if you are in hurry, use white chocolate. It will set faster.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 31 May 2011 , 3:44am
post #4 of 7

I have a bride that wants the same thing. (only pink and black). I too was worried. Until I found a black ribbon with a pink center stripe. That looks just like the single black ribbon with pink attached. Perhaps they have the same
with a green stripe? Thus no worry about getting that second attached.

Sometimes that skinny 2nd ribbon never stays or comes off... There are so many wonderful ribbons out there right now.

Just a thought.. good luck.

jamsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamsie Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:25am
post #5 of 7

Not sure if you mean the thin green ribbon layered on the thicker black ribbon, but if so, what about hot gluing the green to the black before putting it around the cake?

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 7

duh... glue the ribbons together.. never thought about that... but it sure is a great idea. and there are so many non toxic glues that dry clear.. great idea.

am going to try it.. thanks for a great idea

Rae9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rae9 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 7

I ended up using stick pins to hold the ribbons in place as the top green ribbon was kind of meshy and I was worried about applying anything underneath it as it would seep through. The stick pins I got had diamonds on the top and I think the looked really good. Everyone was really impressed icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%