New Cupcake Pitcher Looks Like It Will Work Great

Baking By labmom Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 12:53pm by MollyHammond

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:51am
post #1 of 26

Just purchased the new Better Homes and Gardens cupcake edition and they have a cupcake pitcher. It looks like it would make cupcake making so easy.

It is a pitcher that has a vavle on the bottom with a trigger handle. It would work for pancake batter or what ever you want to regulate maybe funnel cakes? But for cupcakes it would work wonderful to fill without a mess.
I don't know if anyone has tried this new item. It is about $15.00 I plan on odering one next payday unless someone here says it doesn't work. I hate spooning batter into cupcake trays.. even if I am using an ice cream scoop.

if anyone would like the website to check this out let me know.

25 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:18am
post #2 of 26

I got one at Bed Bath and Beyond and used a 20% coupon. Reg. price is $14.99, with coupon $11.99. It works well for pancakes and cup cakes.

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:27am
post #3 of 26

I'd love the link icon_wink.gif

labmom Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:44am
post #4 of 26

Wow thanks where can you get the coupon and that would also save the shipping charges if you have the store close otherwise they might not charge as much for shipping as the magazine website does I think it was almost as much as the price of the pitcher.

Thank you again for the information. I will post the website where i found this item as soon as I can locate where my husband put the cupcake magazine. He quick picked up all the stuff when the neighbors anounced they were coming over for desert (they were bringing the desert!) couldnt refuse that right, someone else baking.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 30 May 2011 , 3:59am
post #5 of 26

I would love the link too

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:18am
post #6 of 26

would also like the link please and thank you

labmom Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:24am
post #7 of 26

Ok, here it is.. so simple I forgot it.. sorry

BHGCUPCAKE.COM I am also going to check out bed bath and beyond and possibly ebay? Sometimes its worth it to check aound for better prices and especially if your paying shipping charges.

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:24am
post #8 of 26

I have a Pampered Chef tool like that. You can set it for different sizes - mini cupcakes, muffins, waffles, jumbo cupcakes, etc. I use it every time I make cupcakes and I LOVE it!

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:50am
post #9 of 26

I just freeze the batter. Scoops out like frozen ice cream & bakes up pretty as you please. icon_smile.gif No mess & super easy. HTH!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 30 May 2011 , 6:23pm
post #11 of 26

I always use my ice cream scoop for cupcakes but have been looking at funnel pitchers, as even ice cream scoops tend to get drippy. The funnel pitchers are plastic, cheap to buy, and look as though you could control the flow of batter quite well.

Picture here if you want to check it out. From what I've found out, most as seen on TV shops carry them.

http://www.harrietcarter.com/resources/harrietCarter/images/products/processed/3212.zoom.a.jpg

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:18am
post #12 of 26

I have one and I hate it. If anyone wants it they can have it, just pay the shipping. PM me if interested.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:03am
post #13 of 26

I have one and it only works for runny batters, like box mix. Anything slightly thick or from scratch won't dispense properly. Also, the squeeze part of the handle comes out easily from where it connects to pull the plug on the bottom and I hear that it breaks often. Mine broke while my mom was using it and she super glued it. Lol. I used it twice when I first got it and chucked it. icon_sad.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:22am
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by instant-gratificaketion

I have one and it only works for runny batters, like box mix. Anything slightly thick or from scratch won't dispense properly. Also, the squeeze part of the handle comes out easily from where it connects to pull the plug on the bottom and I hear that it breaks often. Mine broke while my mom was using it and she super glued it. Lol. I used it twice when I first got it and chucked it. icon_sad.gif

DITTO, I bought mine at the mall Kitchen Collection store. If your batter is the least bit thick it doesn't make it easy just slows you down, my handle dislodged the first time I used it but my DH put it back together. I remember saying to myself "You have to pick you battles" when using this gadget. I wouldn't go out of my way making a positive recommendation for it.
Carol

Iri920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iri920 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:16pm
post #15 of 26
Quote:

I have the one from bed bath and beyond and had the same problem with the batter being thick and not wanting to dispense. I think something like this would work better. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/pancake-batter-dispenser-pen/?catalogId=60& I have one to use for pancakes and it works good with the thick batter I use. I don't know why I've never thought to use it for cupcakes though, I'll have to give it a try next time I make some.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:46pm
post #16 of 26

After reading the comments on dispensers, then checking the dispensers plus other styles online, I'm gonna stick to my ice cream scoops. I may get a few drips here and there, but the few drips I do get, would be a lot less hassle that dealing with a dispenser that may or may not dispense! icon_wink.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:59pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iri920

Quote:

I have the one from bed bath and beyond and had the same problem with the batter being thick and not wanting to dispense. I think something like this would work better. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/pancake-batter-dispenser-pen/?catalogId=60& I have one to use for pancakes and it works good with the thick batter I use. I don't know why I've never thought to use it for cupcakes though, I'll have to give it a try next time I make some.

I have the Williams-Sonoma one. It's great. But it really depends on the consistency of your batter!

My chocolate cupcakes batter is totally liquid, so I'm better off with a measuring cup with a spout. The vanilla recipe is very thick, so I have to use the measuring spoon, and for another vanilla recipe I use the Williams-Sonoma batter dispenser can be used with SOME pancake recipe (I have really thick pancake recipes, too)...and that's why I need all the gadgets I can get my hands on...(sigh)

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:19pm
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrina

I just freeze the batter. Scoops out like frozen ice cream & bakes up pretty as you please. icon_smile.gif No mess & super easy. HTH!

Do you allow the batter the thaw before you put the cupcakes in the oven, or do you just bake the frozen batter?

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:46pm
post #19 of 26

Do you allow the batter the thaw before you put the cupcakes in the oven, or do you just bake the frozen batter?[/quote]

You can just put it in there frozen and cook it a couple of minutes longer. It works great!

Lisa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa23 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:06pm
post #20 of 26

I use mine to fill my BabyCakes Pop Maker. One quick pump and it fills the little well up with just the right amount. Works like a charm!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:10pm
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa23

I use mine to fill my BabyCakes Pop Maker. One quick pump and it fills the little well up with just the right amount. Works like a charm!

Which one? Pitcher? Batter dispenser? Spoon?

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:28pm
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbl3h3ad

Do you allow the batter the thaw before you put the cupcakes in the oven, or do you just bake the frozen batter?

You can just put it in there frozen and cook it a couple of minutes longer. It works great![/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for replying so quickly. Can't wait to try that!!! icon_smile.gif

Lisa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa23 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:08pm
post #23 of 26

Sorry! The pitcher. I got it at Bed Bath to fill my cupcake liners with and tried it with the pops maker and loved it.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 7:05am
post #24 of 26

I think I would rather stick to the ice cream scooper, especially since my batters tend to be on the thicker, chunkier side.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 6:10pm
post #25 of 26

I just used mine for the first time. I feel like, "How did I ever make cupcakes before getting my dispenser?". This has saved me so much time, aggravation, cleanup...... and it only takes a few seconds to have the papers perfectly filled. I'm in heaven with it.

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:53pm
post #26 of 26

I don't like mine. My scratch batters tend to be thick and the handle keeps coming apart on it. It would be fine for the thinner batters. I think I wll try freezing the batter.
Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%