Had To Share This Laugh

Lounge By Chef_Stef Updated 31 May 2011 , 4:23am by JulieMN

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:00am
post #1 of 12

I don't know if anyone's read or heard of the blog called Hyperbole and a Half, but this girl is seriously funny, if you have the odd sense of humor that I do. This post is about her as a child and...cake! icon_smile.gif

All credit due to Allie Brosh and the blog spot etc. if needed. Hope it's ok to repost, but I just giggle so much at her artwork...!

Enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F10%2Fgod-of-cake.html&h=40272

11 replies
Chef_Stef Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:01am
post #2 of 12

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/10/god-of-cake.html

here's a link for those not on facebook..

specialtycakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakecreations Posted 28 May 2011 , 7:13am
post #3 of 12

This is just tooo funny!

I was laughing so hard that it made my husband curious and he started reading too. He also thought that it was just hilarious!

Chef_Stef Posted 28 May 2011 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 12

I know!! Is that not the most hilarious artwork?! I read it every time I need to laugh! Try her post called "Wolves" too, which is hilarious; they all are..

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 12

Have you read her post on using the phrase, "a lot?" As a teacher, it is a pet peeve of mine and so I Love that post!

Chef_Stef Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 12

Ah yes, the Alot. Love that

My other fave you HAVE to read is The Year Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas, and also the one about This is Why I'll never be An Adult.

I cried laughing...

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 May 2011 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 12

My favorite one was the one about when she had dental work and wanted to go to her friend's party. I read it a long time ago and I can't remember the name of the post, but the gist was that her mother wouldn't let her go to the party while she was still half-sedated. For some reason she decided that if she could run across the park it would prove to her mother that she was okay to go, so after the surgery she was begging her mother to let her go "to the PARP! THE PARP!" Her mouth was still numb, she was still half-sedated and she couldn't talk, and her mother said "You can't even speak in coherent sentences! You can't run across the park!" then realized that everyone in McDonald's was giving her mean looks because they thought that she was being cruel to her little handicapped daughter. So she felt guilty and let her go to the party.

My son still yells "THE PARP! THE PARP!" occasionally for no reason.

Chef_Stef Posted 28 May 2011 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 12

I know.. "Moumm!? PARP!" LOL

In other random news, I just sliced my finger with a super sharp carving knife, in the middle of giant cake due tomor so here i sit wrapped in bandage and not even iced yet on a Ron Ben Israel design n cant do dishes either!
so Im reading funny stuff to try n relax
bleh

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 May 2011 , 2:02am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

I know.. "Moumm!? PARP!" LOL

In other random news, I just sliced my finger with a super sharp carving knife, in the middle of giant cake due tomor so here i sit wrapped in bandage and not even iced yet on a Ron Ben Israel design n cant do dishes either!
so Im reading funny stuff to try n relax
bleh

Owww! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 31 May 2011 , 1:39am
post #10 of 12

I too love that blog. Have you seen her store? One of these days I'll get around to ordering a "Clean ALL the things?" apron for myself, and some "Alot" stickers for my English Teacher friend.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:05am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

My favorite one was the one about when she had dental work and wanted to go to her friend's party. I read it a long time ago and I can't remember the name of the post, but the gist was that her mother wouldn't let her go to the party while she was still half-sedated. For some reason she decided that if she could run across the park it would prove to her mother that she was okay to go, so after the surgery she was begging her mother to let her go "to the PARP! THE PARP!" Her mouth was still numb, she was still half-sedated and she couldn't talk, and her mother said "You can't even speak in coherent sentences! You can't run across the park!" then realized that everyone in McDonald's was giving her mean looks because they thought that she was being cruel to her little handicapped daughter. So she felt guilty and let her go to the party.

My son still yells "THE PARP! THE PARP!" occasionally for no reason.

The post you're thinking of was called, "The Party" and I agree, it was hillarious! I love Allie brosh's work, she never fails to makes me laugh. She's got a book coming out in the fall. If the book is as funny as her website, she'll do very well!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:23am
post #12 of 12

I hadn't seen this blog before....thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%