Cheesecake Cupcake

Baking By n_jean Updated 30 May 2011 , 8:31pm by cr8zchpr

n_jean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_jean Posted 25 May 2011 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 8

I really want to make a Strawberry cheesecake cupcake but I dont want it to be the typical cheesecake that everyone thinks of. I want it to be caky with a cheesecake flavor... question is, what if instead of sour cream in the recipe I put cream cheese??? Any ideas on how this would actually turn out? I probably just need to do it but baking costs a lot the way it! Thanks!

7 replies
SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 25 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 8

Hmm, not sure about cheesecake flavored cupcakes...that is interesting.

I did a google and found this:

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Cherry-Cheesecake-Cupcakes/8283/

I would probably sub the boxed cake for a scratch vanilla cupcake batter but, the rest sounds good!

n_jean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_jean Posted 25 May 2011 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 8

That is a lot like what I was wanting... maybe use the cheesecake pudding instead of Vanilla... Thanks I have been look EVERYWHERE for a recipe like that!!!

Kristie925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristie925 Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_jean

That is a lot like what I was wanting... maybe use the cheesecake pudding instead of Vanilla... Thanks I have been look EVERYWHERE for a recipe like that!!!

I've tried it with the pudding before. Yum!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 25 May 2011 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 8

these sound so good that I had to save the recipe to try. thank you SweetsusieQ for the great find .

SweetSuzieQ Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 8

I'm making these in the next few days. I can't stop thinking about them.

I'm gonna mix it up a bit and do my scratch vanilla cake, do a chunky strawberry sauce for the top and add some sort of flavored whip cream topping.

SweetSuzieQ Posted 30 May 2011 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 8

I changed things up a big but, these are DELISH:

I used my own base vanilla cupcake recipe, added 1/2 pouch of lemon pudding and 1/4 cup milk extra. Did the filling same as the link but, did strawberry pie filling instead and, made a stable whip cream icing to pipe around the edge:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/sturdy-whipped-cream-frosting/Detail.aspx

They are sooo devine!

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 30 May 2011 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 8

I use a basic vanilla cake receipe add the cheesecake pudding to the mixture and I take grahm crackers crush them add melted butter and sugar to make the "crust" put in fridge and once it is set I make balls out of the grahm craker and add to the mixture, I also add black cherries to mix, once they are baked I add a cherry filling and top with cream cheese icing and sprikle more grahm gracker crust on top with a cherry... one of the most popular ones i make...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%