Video Of Upside Down Icing Technique

Decorating By chrisviz Updated 27 Apr 2013 , 7:09pm by Homemadebytz

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 24 May 2011 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know if there is a video demonstrating the upside-down icing technique? I tried to google it and I didnt come up with anything... maybe not using the right key words..

I know there are pictures with written instructions... but you know what they say: A picture is worth a thousand words but a video is worth a million! icon_smile.gif What can I say, I'm a visual learner...

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the right direction, even if it needs to be purchased icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance for all the great help here!

8 replies
cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 24 May 2011 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 9

I know its not a video, but maybe it will help?

http://www.ladycakes.com/frosting_cake_upside_down.htm

chrisviz Posted 24 May 2011 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks Cookiemama2.. I have seen this and will be trying out this technique based on these instructions... was just hoping to see it in action...

hmmm maybe one of you video cake experts could make this your next video icon_biggrin.gif A girl can hope anyway...

TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 9

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/05/covering-cake-in-ganache.html

Not a video either but I followed this and mine came out great!! It was not near as difficult as I thought!! Good luck!

pammie212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammie212 Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 9

Are you thinking about the Frozen Butter Cream Transfer Technique? If so--search that term on Youtube.com. I have watched it there several times. I also used that techinique with melted candy/chocolate wafers. See my Hockey Puck Cake with the School mascot.

chrisviz Posted 24 May 2011 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 9

Hi Pammie, Its not the FBCT technique (although I def would like to try that one of these daysicon_smile.gif )... it is the technique in the links above from Jason-Lisa and Cookiemama.

Thanks Jason-Lisa, I will study your link.. instructions look a little easier to follow. icon_smile.gif

chrisviz Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 9

Just want to put it out there if anyone looks at this post again that the fabulous Jessica Harris of the Jessicakes blog just posted a video tutorial of this method.... wishes do come true..lol. Thanks Jessica!

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 3:34pm
post #8 of 9

Here's my video from my blog:

http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/video-tutorial-upside-down-frosting.html

I also have a Crafty class that shows a ton of different techniques, including another sharpening technique for cakes to heavy/big to flip over.  Here's the link to the class to get 50% off: www.craftsy.com/cakedesign.

Blessings!
Jessica

Homemadebytz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemadebytz Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 7:09pm
post #9 of 9

You Ms Jessi are the very very very best! You are awesome! God bless you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%