How Do I Make "droplets" On Wire Coming Out Of A T

Decorating By MemeMakesCakes Updated 25 May 2011 , 3:43pm by sccandwbfan

MemeMakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemeMakesCakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 6

I made a RKT teapot for the top of a tea party cake and would love to have "tea" coming from the spout. I've seen "droplets" on wires, but am totally baffled as to how it's done. Can someone help?

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 6

My first thought would be piping gel or glucose.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 6

Bend the end of the wire into a hook, dip the wire into gum glue, then insert the wire into a ball of gumpaste and roll the ball between your fingers until the top starts to cover part of the wire and it's a teardrop shape rather than a ball. Let dry a couple days. I'd use light brown gumpaste and then paint it with pearl dust, for tea.

Tracey2528 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracey2528 Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 6

I saw them do something similar to that on Amazing Wedding Cakes..I forgot the name of the bakery though. But they did pipe piping gel on wires..looked like water coming out of a fountain..really cool!

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 6

I do the same as Texas_Rose, except I roll the teardrop shape first, then insert the hooked wire.

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 6

Tracey, I think that was Cakegirls when they did the Morrocan themed fountain cake? icon_smile.gif It was pretty.

Thanks for the tips. I'm not doing a cake like that right now but love to know the reference is here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%