Free Samples From Pillsbury

Decorating By tmgarcia_98 Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 6:13pm by Rosie2

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:01am
post #61 of 82

LOL I meant to do more than copy over the emails oops. I was able to get a sample (well not yet but in the mail). Not as large as everyone elses but whatever. I think the business tone of the email helped a bit, I also attached all my biz info so they would know I was for real.

jany1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jany1 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:38pm
post #62 of 82

OMG! My samples are on it's way, I email my rep got and answer the same day, she is so nice, she put me on contact with my local bakery distributor on my area.

SweetMisfits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMisfits Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 10:14pm
post #63 of 82

Thanks for the information ladies. I contacted my rep and he is sending me a 50lb bag of Yellow Mix. icon_smile.gif Can't wait to try it. Has anyone tried and mastered the smaller batch? Please let me know what measurements you used.

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 3:47pm
post #64 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsinger84

LOL I meant to do more than copy over the emails oops. I was able to get a sample (well not yet but in the mail). Not as large as everyone elses but whatever. I think the business tone of the email helped a bit, I also attached all my biz info so they would know I was for real.

Although your email was very professional, I really think it has more to do with each individual rep.

Don't get discouraged if you are not a "real bisuness." I do not have a cake business....yet. (16 more days until the Cottage Food law kick in!!!) I was very honest about this when requesting my samples. I told my rep that I currently bake at home for family and friends and had plans of opening my own business in the near future. I let her know that as of now, I was saving money to open a shop, but in the meantime, I wanted to test recipes, come up with a menu, and select vendors to use.

So, even if you do not have your own business, your rep may be receptive. Just be honest and see where it takes you icon_smile.gif

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm
post #65 of 82

Well, I never heard from the NH rep I emailed twice, so I decided to "jump the state line" and contact the MA rep instead! SUCCESS! And he told me he now handles NH and was sorry that there was incorrect info on the site. I plan to call him tomorrow... Huzzah!

WillowsCry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WillowsCry Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 11:53pm
post #66 of 82

I tried this with my state's rep and basically got a too bad so sad email....sigh, shrug.

BelaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BelaB Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:50pm
post #67 of 82

TO: tmgarcia_98, thanks for posting the recipe but what do you mean by "Scale" and I'm a bit confused about adding water twice? Can you please clarify? Thanks.

tmgarcia_98 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:42pm
post #68 of 82

I wasn't sure exactly what the recipe meant by "scaling" either. I did add the water in different stages, making sure to mix the appropriate time in between and scrape down the bowl. I also added the water in while the mixer was going if that makes any difference?

kimmi1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmi1963 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 11:05pm
post #69 of 82

Finally I heard from my rep after 22 days, but it is a no go. She told me that she could tell me a distributor in my area and I could buy a bag to try from them. icon_sad.gif

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 7:51pm
post #70 of 82

Greg Labens was my rep too. he sent me a 50lb bake of the white and a 5lb bag of red velvet. I see on here that he is getting alot requests thats why he started only sending a 5lb bag. Funny how this got started, they are probably scratching their heads asking why did all of this hit at once! LOL

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 9:18pm
post #71 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredNavyChief

Greg Labens was my rep too. he sent me a 50lb bake of the white and a 5lb bag of red velvet. I see on here that he is getting alot requests thats why he started only sending a 5lb bag. Funny how this got started, they are probably scratching their heads asking why did all of this hit at once! LOL

LOL I thought it was a bit odd everyone got offered so much more, no wonder! I still haven't got my sample though.

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 9:46pm
post #72 of 82

I emailed my rep, but nada. icon_sad.gif

pickles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 12:12am
post #73 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgarcia_98

I wasn't sure exactly what the recipe meant by "scaling" either. I did add the water in different stages, making sure to mix the appropriate time in between and scrape down the bowl. I also added the water in while the mixer was going if that makes any difference?

tmgarcia, it means to weigh the product. It is important to weigh the mix to get a correct blend of it, water and oil to produce a nice product. Hope this helps you.
evelyn/cakegrandma

pickles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 12:16am
post #74 of 82

Does anyone have a small batch list for the Danish Mix? I got the 50 pound bag of it but I want to experiment with a smaller batch for a couple of products. If you have one like that was posted for the white cake mix (don't remember who posted it right this minute). Thanks in advance for the help.
evelyn/cakegrandma

tmgarcia_98 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 3:07pm
post #75 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgarcia_98

tmgarcia, it means to weigh the product. It is important to weigh the mix to get a correct blend of it, water and oil to produce a nice product. Hope this helps you.
evelyn/cakegrandma

Thanks Evelyn! I did weigh everything, I just didn't know that "scaling" was the term for it......makes perfect sense, now icon_smile.gif

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 11:42pm
post #76 of 82

Someone, not sure who it was, stated they did not have a scale and would have to get one. I suggest you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get a Salton brand scale, I think they are under 25.00. This will be the best investment you can ever make. If I set a bowl or something to put my ingredient in I hit the on button a second time and it will show zero for the weight. I weigh most everything and have had it for years.
evelyn

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 11:42pm
post #77 of 82

Someone, not sure who it was, stated they did not have a scale and would have to get one. I suggest you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get a Salton brand scale, I think they are under 25.00. This will be the best investment you can ever make. If I set a bowl or something to put my ingredient in I hit the on button a second time and it will show zero for the weight. I weigh most everything and have had it for years.
evelyn

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 8:22pm
post #78 of 82

Got my 50 lb bag yesterday! I'm soooo excited. I have never in my life seen this much cake mix. Now I have to figure out how to store it all. icon_smile.gif~

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 2:36am
post #79 of 82

Any luck in MD? Thanks for sharing OP!

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 2:41am
post #80 of 82

I too, have a Salter scale and love it. I would reccommend it highly. Mine weighs items as little as an 1/8 of an ounce. that is pretty tiny.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 4:13pm
post #81 of 82

I got 100 lbs last Friday, yikesssss!!! I've never seen so much cake four in my life either!!! Bless their hearts, I guess I'm gonna be baking forever LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 6:13pm
post #82 of 82

Please forgive me for asking dumb questions, but how do you measure/mix this cake mix. Do I add water, oil, eggs? how much?
BTW, I'm a hobby baker icon_smile.gif

Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%