Cream Cheese Frosting Under Fondant?

Decorating By gidgetdoescakes Updated 22 May 2011 , 7:49am by sweettreat101

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 21 May 2011 , 2:26am
post #1 of 7

Is there a recipe you have used that works well under fondant, and does it crust ever?

6 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 21 May 2011 , 2:49am
post #2 of 7

I'm pretty sure there is a crusting cream cheese recipe on CC under the recipe tab. I've used it once and it does crust. I normally use ganache under my fondant, but this recipe crusts just like regular buttercream. Try doing a search under the recipe tab for cream cheese and see what you get icon_smile.gif

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:18am
post #4 of 7

the crusting cream cheese under the recipes is Awesome!! I have used it under fondant many times, and it tastes wonderful!!!!!!!! Happy Baking!

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:21am
post #5 of 7

oh yeah, I forgot to mention....word of advice. If it is warm where you are, be careful how much liquid you put in. I use VERY little in the warm weather, as the butter content will make your frosting softer than you think really quick. It will still crust nicely, just makes it harder to work with. It does pipe nicely though! I have done the basketweave with it, written with it, piped borders, leaves, etc. Again, happy baking!

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:49am
post #6 of 7

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6817/wedding-crusting-cream-cheese-frosting

Here is another recipe for crusting cream cheese frosting. I leave out the almond flavor. To me, it made it taste odd. I believe the meringue powder makes it crust a bit more.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 May 2011 , 7:49am
post #7 of 7

This is my favorite crusting cream cheese frosting recipe:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 pounds powdered sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%