2 Farewell Cakes Same But Different Arg...

Decorating By pebblez87 Updated 24 May 2011 , 2:49am by jlynnw

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 4

So my dad works in behavioral health and 2 of his co workers are leaving and they want last minute goodluck farewell cakes. One is a female one is male and they want same but different cakes.. btw i hate that term. Anyways i am so blank and the last minuteness is killing me hes lucky he is family. They are just meant to be simple 10 inch round cakes any ideas? I suck at mens cakes i draw blanks any help thank you much !

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 24 May 2011 , 1:56am
post #2 of 4

Men's cakes are the bane of my existence. I can never think of anything other than balloons.

What if you poured ganache over the cakes? My bakery makes these cakes all the time for our case and they sell like crazy. We pour it just so the ganache drips down the sides. You could ice his cake in a pastel boy color or just white or chocolate. Before the ganache sets up we usually throw on some sprinkles or mini m&m's. For the girl you could ice it in light pink and then decorate with some buttercream roses in a matching color. Wait until the ganache sets up before you write on it though.

That would be a good way to get the cakes "the same, but different."

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:27am
post #3 of 4

You could do a polka dot cake for her in softer colors, and a stripe cake for him in more masculine colors.

Or did you want something job related?

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:49am
post #4 of 4

wilton has a booklet out on this. The exact same cake but done in different colors. It was so silly once you looked to see how different they looked but the same decoration. His could be an all chocolate with her's a pastel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%