Need A Vanilla Filling Recipe Please!!!

Baking By sand_e Updated 19 May 2011 , 10:58pm by sand_e

sand_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sand_e Posted 19 May 2011 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I am a total beginner and love doing cakes for fun, I sell cakes here and there for friends and I have to make a cake with vanilla filling and I can not find a recipe for it. I've asked friends who like to bake and they tell me to buy vanilla pudding, but I really don't think that will taste good. Please, if you have a great tasting vanilla filling please share, I am using it with a chocolate cake, Thanks!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif HELP ME!!

6 replies
morrisaz2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morrisaz2004 Posted 19 May 2011 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 7

I have one that I use and it tastes just like melted vanilla bean ice cream. It's a favorite of kids and adults.

2 cups Powdered Sugar - Sifted (add more powdered sugar until it reaches your preferred consistency)
1/2 Cup room temp butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste (more to taste, if you like a real vanilla flavor)
1-2 tablespoons milk

Cream together sugar and buttercream. Add vanilla bean paste and milk. Beat for several minutes. Add additional powdered sugar if you'd like this stiffer.

Good luck!

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 19 May 2011 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 7

the pudding does taste good with some bettercreme and some extra vanilla flavor. A few sprinkles of crushed oreos and you have a whole other dessert. All you need is s spoon, better still your fingers lol.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisaz2004

I have one that I use and it tastes just like melted vanilla bean ice cream. It's a favorite of kids and adults.

2 cups Powdered Sugar - Sifted (add more powdered sugar until it reaches your preferred consistency)
1/2 Cup room temp butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste (more to taste, if you like a real vanilla flavor)
1-2 tablespoons milk

Cream together sugar and buttercream. Add vanilla bean paste and milk. Beat for several minutes. Add additional powdered sugar if you'd like this stiffer.

Good luck!

I'm missing something here. Where is the buttercream amount mentioned in how to put this together. Or is it cream the butter and sugar together to make buttercream. This sounds a lot like an american buttercream with vanilla bean paste added for flavor.

morrisaz2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morrisaz2004 Posted 19 May 2011 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry.....Yes, I meant "cream together butter and powdered sugar." I use Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste and it tastes amazing!!!

pennyemer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennyemer Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_e

Hi, I am a total beginner and love doing cakes for fun, I sell cakes here and there for friends and I have to make a cake with vanilla filling and I can not find a recipe for it. I've asked friends who like to bake and they tell me to buy vanilla pudding, but I really don't think that will taste good. Please, if you have a great tasting vanilla filling please share, I am using it with a chocolate cake, Thanks!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif HELP ME!!

This is what I use to torte my chocolate fudge cake, it tastes just like the Hostess Cupcake filling & I get several requests for this cake.

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup Crisco
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbls water
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Beat all ingredients, EXCEPT powdered sugar, for a full 7 minutes and do not cheat on the time or filling will be watery.

Add ½ cup powdered sugar and beat for a full 5 minutes again do not cheat on the time.

Torte your baked and cooled chocolate cake and fill. Replace top layer. Use your favorite Ganache or Fudge Frosting to poor over the top. I keep this cake chilled.

sand_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sand_e Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:58pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much I will be trying BOTH!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%