I'm A Beginner, How Do I Stick Fondant Shapes Onto Fondant..

Decorating By mum321 Updated 20 May 2011 , 10:19am by dsilvest

mum321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mum321 Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 6

So simple I know, but how do you stick the fondant cut outs- circles, flowers, stripes etc. to stick to a fondant covered cake? I am planning my first fondant cake for my daughters first birthday, and I want to know everything before I start (and ruin it if I do it wrong).

Thanks!!

5 replies
KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 6

If you just cut them out, you can wet them with water on the backs and just stick them on. If they've been allowed to dry, you can attach with Royal Icing.

ang2953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang2953 Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

You can mix meringue powder and water ,I use equal parts, and it makes a glue.

mum321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mum321 Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 6

Kristycakes... Is that all?? Wow! Ha ha! I assumed it would be a lot more difficult than that! Thank you so much for a quick reply! I can't wait til her birthday rolls around... I wanna get started!

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 20 May 2011 , 9:26am
post #5 of 6

Yes really just to repeat the other posters, if it is something which is dried out I use royal icing and have even used buttercream before, water is great but don't soak the fondant with it. Alcohol such as vodka is also the same as water but dries out quicker than water iv been told icon_smile.gif

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 20 May 2011 , 10:19am
post #6 of 6

You can also use a bit of shortening on the back. This way you can easily reposition the item if you do not like it's location.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%