Imbc With Orange Creamsicle Cake?

Baking By sullymel13 Updated 25 May 2011 , 1:18am by instant-gratificaketion

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 17 May 2011 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 3

I want to make MacsMom's Orange Creamsicle cake, but not sure exactly what icing to pair it with. IMBC would be my first choice, but I'm open to any other delicious ideas!

Thanks for helping!

2 replies
LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 3

I make this cake a lot. Just got another request for it this past weekend for a beach wedding in September. I use the Crusting Cream cheese frosting recipe(I add an extra 2 oz of cream cheese). If you are covering with fondant or don't care if the frosting is not pure white, I add 2tsp orange extract, or 1tsp Lorann orange...it's very good. I use this frosting a lot. It is not as sweet as buttercream and doesn't have an over powering cream cheese flavor so it goes well with just about everything.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 25 May 2011 , 1:18am
post #3 of 3

I make my regular buttercream but use 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp creme bouquet and 1/2 tsp lorann orange oil and it tastes like orange cream. It doesn't overload it with orange flavor and it helps to add more to the "cream" flavor of the actual orange creamsicle popsicle it's supposed to replicate!

I made it for cupcakes and topped with candied orange peel and it was scrumptious! Pic in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%