My Modelling Chocolate Doesn't 'model' Well

Baking By zespri Updated 16 May 2011 , 2:48am by zespri

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 3

I made some modelling chocolate with the purpose of mixing it into fondant to use to cover a cake. It worked beautifully, I'll never do it any other way!

However, this same hybrid modelling chocolate/fondant does NOT work well for modelling. And I don't understand that because fondant works well to model, and modelling chocolate is called MODELLING chocolate.... so it should work, right?

The only thing I can come up with is that perhaps my recipe has been jigged to be used with fondant like I wanted it for, but the ratios need to be changed if I want to use it for modelling instead.

So my questions: do you find modelling chocolate easy to work with? What sort of texture is it? Mine is like warm chewing gum. What recipe do you use?

Thanks for any advice icon_smile.gif

2 replies
lsz1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsz1978 Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 3

here is the recipe i use and also some helpful hints. this link also addresses modeling chocolate troubleshooting. know that when your making it, you need a cool surface and patience... you can always fix a mistake when making mc! i love working with it... the possibilities are endlessicon_smile.gif.

http://www.hungryhappenings.co.....eling.html

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:48am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your response icon_smile.gif I've read it from top to bottom, very informative.

Can I ask, do you find it easier or harder to model with chocolate than fondant? I worry that it will get too soft while I'm working with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%