Just Realised, It's My 1Yr Caking Anniversary!! Yay!!

Decorating By MamaD77

MamaD77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaD77 Posted 7 May 2011 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 1

So, I'm uploading my photos for this week, and notice that I've nearly filled my gallery page, all bar one spot. Then, I count my cakes, and get to thinking, that's every cake I've done since I started last year on my son's first birthday!
It's my one year anniversary!! icon_biggrin.gif My son Jacob turned two on Thursday 5th, and I created a three tier super mario bros Wii cake for him, complete with bowser castle on the top! What a journey it's been and how far I've come in those 12 months!

When I look at the cake I made for him last year and the one I made this year, I can see how far I've come! When I was dropping my 8yr old son off at a birthday party of a friend this morning, another parent was leaving and said to me "you should check out the cake, it's totally amazing!" and I very proudly responded with "oh thanks so much! I made that!" icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

To which she said "YOU, made that icon_eek.gif "Yup, I made that, thumbs_up.gif

So my reason for sharing this little story is, that I did it all on my own, no classes, just self taught with practice and a daily check in here with my friends on CC icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge, skills, ideas and inspiration, this truly is a diamond of a community and I wouldn't be where I am today without you! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Good wishes,
Mama D

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%