My Lol Email Enquiry Of The Week...

Decorating By Evoir Updated 3 May 2011 , 1:16am by indydebi

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 5

I was just getting into bed last Saturday night, doing a final check of messages on my iPhone, when this little gem popped into my inbox, sent at 10.08PM. ie, Saturday NIGHT:

"Hi There,
Can I please make an appointment to see you tomorrow (sunday) mid-day?
Kind Regards,
xxxxx"

My jaw dropped, but then DH and I had a good laugh before going to bed. Da noive!! As if I operate a business 24/7, including fitting in an appointment on a SUNDAY when I have not even spoken to you in my life before! And trying to arrange all this at 10pm the night before - a Saturday?
LOL!!

4 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:11am
post #2 of 5

Wow, and they were serious?? Unbelievable!!!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:12am
post #3 of 5

They probably wanted a 5 tier wedding cake for the following weekend too! Can you believe some people. I think it's Walmart, where you can just walk in and pick out what you want and leave.

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:59am
post #4 of 5

that's when you make sure to respond promptly Monday morning, and let them know you have appointments available for the next day. hahahaha. The world is full of stupid people!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:16am
post #5 of 5

this is a great example of what is mentioned on here periodically: A generation who is growing up in a 24/7, instant access to EVERYTHING world and has a problem grasping the concept of "closed" .... especially "closed on the weekend."

My kids are shocked when we share stories of "before the days of ATM's......" and people had to PLAN how much money they were going to need for the weekend. And they had to get to the bank on Friday before 5:00 to withdraw the money because no banks were open on Sat/Sun and no ATMs were invented yet. The kids are shocked and amazed about how people had to think 3 days ahead!! icon_eek.gif

They never would have survived the days of businesses being closed on Sunday. dunce.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%