Trying To Find Cake Decorating Dummies

Decorating By janer1010 Updated 30 Apr 2011 , 5:41am by JanH

janer1010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janer1010 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 12

I am trying to find cake decorating dummies in the Tampa Florida area. The problem is I need 30 9" 3 to 4 inch by May 3 and I cannot find any in this area and was wondering if anyone knew in the Brandon/Tampa Florida area or close by to get these. The ones I order are unable to be shipped because of the weather. Can any of you cake decorations tell me where we could find them. My lady who is doing my cakes would be so much less stressed to know we had them.

11 replies
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 12

Have you tried www.TaylorFoam.com? I got my dummies very quickly & prices are great.

Kristy

CakeCrystal5308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystal5308 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 12

I bought some at dallasfoam.com and they have great pricing and very good quality, you may be able to get overnight for not that terrible a price

10xHigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
10xHigh Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 12

There is a guy Brian on ebay he also has a website but he is really good at getting things out quick. This past winter he was able to get my order to me in a few day while dealing with a snow storm in his area. thefoamstudio.com is his website. Good Luck!

10xHigh Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xHigh

There is a guy Brian on ebay he also has a website but he is really good at getting things out quick. This past winter he was able to get my order to me in a few day while dealing with a snow storm in his area. thefoamstudio.com is his website. Good Luck!

I just checked our the website I gave out. Brian is really good on updates on his site and it looks like there is a message stating they will not be shipping out until May 2. If you have a little room to work with, you could still check with him. They have great prices and quality and doesnt kill you with the shipping cost....If anythig great for future use.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 12

Curiousity is getting the best of me: Why 30 dummies? I cant imagine how much work that could be!

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 12:04am
post #7 of 12

I recently ordered some from http://www.dallasfoam.com. Their prices were better than any of the other websites I looked at and the shipping was really reasonable too. I got 2 sets of 6in, 8in, 10in rounds, a 12 in round, and a set of 6in, 8 in, 10in squares, all 4 in high, for $22.81 including shipping. I would definitely recommend them.

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 12:28am
post #8 of 12

I use thefoamstudio he's also the ebay seller Brian. He's awesome! Most the time he ships them the same day and I get them about 2-3 days later. Excellent customer service and great prices.

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 1:07am
post #9 of 12

I order mine from www.globalsugarart.com . good price on products, shipping prices are great, and they are super fast. I order on Sat. and get items on Wed.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 1:17am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCakesbyMichelle

I recently ordered some from http://www.dallasfoam.comTheir prices were better than any of the other websites I looked at and the shipping was really reasonable too. I got 2 sets of 6in, 8in, 10in rounds, a 12 in round, and a set of 6in, 8 in, 10in squares, all 4 in high, for $22.81 including shipping. I would definitely recommend them.

I Highly recommend them!!

10xHigh Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 1:20am
post #11 of 12

Thanks Jenn for mentioning thefoamstudio. I didnt realize that we were not allowed to supply website links. He is super great and quick to get back to you when you email him

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 5:41am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xHigh

Thanks Jenn for mentioning . I didnt realize that we were not allowed to supply website links. He is super great and quick to get back to you when you email him

You can most certainly provide website links on CC. icon_smile.gif

However, websites that don't honor CC's terms & conditions are usually placed on an auto-delete program.

So if a website url disappears, please DON'T circumvent the program.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%