Wilton Giant Cc Pan Problems

Decorating By cakedout Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 3:08pm by ddaigle

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 3

So, what's everyone else's opinion about this giant cupcake pan?? icon_confused.gif I am NOT happy with it at this point.

I have a giant cupcake to make for a baby's first birthday this weekend. The first try was terrible! icon_mad.gif In retrospect, I think I screwed up on the recipe, but nonetheless, I quickly realized that I couldn't bake both top and bottom at the same time- the top got overbaked and the bottom was still soggy in the center! thumbsdown.gif

So after a trip to two stores looking for Pillsbury White Cake Mix-and not finding it, icon_mad.gif I settled for the next best thing: Funfetti. Anywho- this time I baked the top separately (STILL came out overbaked), and did the flower nail thing when I baked the bottom (STILL took too long and came out darker than I'd like).

So am I missing a trick to this thing??? icon_confused.gif Next time I'm carving out my own and not using a stupid pan!!! icon_cool.gif

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 3

Oh, it sucks! But then it's W, so what do we expect. I have to bake the base and the top separately. Whoever thought it was a good idea to combine these two pieces into one pans never baked a cake, or understands anything about baking. There's no way that a deep cake and a shallow cake bake at the same time.

I understand that NordicWare has a big cupcake pan that's more proportional and works much better, but I haven't personally used it.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 3

Agree with Leah. Hate it. Impossible to expect a 5" cake to bake the same time as a 3" or what ever the dememsions are. I will bake separately next time which sucks more!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%