Need Zombie Cake Ideas Asap Buying Stuff Today

Decorating By Krista512 Updated 3 May 2011 , 7:44pm by patticake1951

Krista512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krista512 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 5

my friend needs a zombie cake. something with blood brains green zombie hands etc. anyone have any input??? needs to feed about 25-30 people. due to time it cant be anything super detailed with standing up characters etc.

4 replies
YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 5

Sheet cake...take RKT and form head (size of head based off size of sheet cake) and form and arm and hand. Make it look like Zombie is coming out of sheet cake. Cover head, arm, hand in fondant. You can leave an indention in the top of the head to make it look like brains are spilling out and maybe have spilled around the sheet cake. You can either color fondant green or paint it on. The fun thing about a zombie is unlike a human form it doesnt have to be perfect....it's a zombie!! (I'd do a filling that's red in color as well for the middle.-maybe "strawberry blood" icon_biggrin.gif

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 5
YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 5

icon_surprised.gif Wowww now that was cool!!!! btw...totally love the monkey, the Pooh Bear...to many more to name. Good luck with your zombie cake!! Let us know how it turns out.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 5

here is the one we did for my 13 yr o;d gs last month.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2007918
we used red velvet cake ball mixture for the liver and some chocolate cake balls for the intestines. Covered it all with fondant. The heart and lungs were red velvet cake. The ribs were fondant gumpaste, made a few days in advance. We used the strawberry gel for the blood.
We had people stopping by our pavilion where the party was just to look at it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%