Usiong Brownies As A Cake

Baking By anisaflex Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 9:56am by anisaflex

anisaflex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anisaflex Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:50am
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone. I want to make a dress cake for my birthday, and I would love the cake to be brownies. So here is my question, can I bake brownies as a cake, will it get to the desired hight if cooked in a smaller pan. Please help me out here!, I'm not from Amerioca, so i don't know much aout brownies .. icon_sad.gif

5 replies
Ummeiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ummeiko Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:33am
post #2 of 6

Are you making your brownies from a box mix? If so, check and see if it has directions for "cake-like brownies". I don't have any boxes currently, but if I recall it was usually something as simple as adding an extra egg to the recipe.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:49am
post #3 of 6

Never done it, but even if they don't rise all that much, why not just make as many layers as you need. You wouldn't necessarily have to put filling in between all the layers...just stack them. If you're baking in a large pan I would put a metal flower nail in the center to make sure it cooks evenly so your edges aren't too hard (though that is my favorite part of the brownie...the corner!)

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:22am
post #4 of 6

Brownies don't have leavening. They would be a chocolate cake with it. On a scratch recipe, there will be minimal rise.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 7:47am
post #5 of 6

Why not make a mud cake?

AU recipes w/pictures of mud cakes and American "mud" recipes:
(Recipe conversion help.)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-529303-.html

FYI, boonenat's muds should be baked at 320 F, not 360 F.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-60641-.html
(Some of the links no longer work...)

HTH

anisaflex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anisaflex Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 9:56am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for all of your advises guys. I just went ahead and made a caky using a muffin recipe, so I hope it's going to turn out fine. I;ll post the pitures of my finall cake later . Thanks again .. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%