Trying To Find Out Jackson County, Missouri Requreiments

Business By sunset74 Updated 5 Jul 2012 , 11:02pm by jason_kraft

sunset74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunset74 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 10:11am
post #1 of 3

Hi, I am curious if anyone knows were to find online or who to call to find out the requirements of a second kitchen. We have a full basement that we gutted about four years ago, it is not finished again yet but we are thinking about taking a section and turning it into a small commerical kitchen for me to work in until I have the money to move out of the house or we move to a bigger house were we can build me a building. Anyway, I am not sure how that would work and or what we would need to do. Plumbing has been ran and my BIL would come hook up a 3 bowl sink for me, it is more of can I have it in the basement knowing that I would have to walk down a hall and up the stairs in order to get the cakes out, is that okay and whatelse is MUST haves according to state regs.

Thanks to anyone who can help, I have been trying to figure this out for weeks and am just not sure who to call. I do know in Missouri it is decided by the counties and not by the state, but we don't have a nice cottage law like some of the other states.

2 replies
SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 3

Did you ever find anything out? I'm also in Jackson County and trying to figure out requirements.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 3

Your best bet is probably the Jackson County Environmental Health dept at (816) 881-4634.

Quote by @%username% on %date%