Hawaiian Themed Cupcakes

Decorating By CAC74 Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 4:04am by SharonK1973

CAC74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAC74 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 4

I need some help from all your amazing minds out there.... My son's preschool is having their hawaiian party this friday. I was selected to bring treats. I was thinking cupcakes, because they are easy and the teachers wouldn't have to worry about plates, cutting, etc...

So I have looked through countless pictures online, and haven't come up with anything that jumps out at me. I was thinking buttercream frosting on top, with maybe some sort of palm tree decor piped on top? Or maybe some really bright colors? This is his last year of preschool and I want to do something super cool and super fun!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks CC'ers!!

3 replies
itsapieceofcake530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsapieceofcake530 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:01am
post #2 of 4

I think your palm tree idea is cute.. maybe you could frost the top of the cupcake with buttercream then dip it into some brown sugar to get a sand effect! Then place your palm tree on top!! Some other ideas I have are for the cupcake wrapping at the bottom make it look like a grass skirt somehow and place a mini lay or Hawaiian flower on top!! =D i hope my ideas help a little!!

Good luck!!

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

What about paper umbrellas and flip flops? Half blue icing for water and graham crackers for sand?

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:04am
post #4 of 4

How about topping each cupcake with a flower like the ones on this cake? They are BRIGHT.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1895510

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%