What Pushed You Over To Say, Yes! I'm Going To Do This

Business By RedRoxx Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 12:10am by magpie14

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 6:52pm
post #31 of 32

I wanted my son to have a really cool birthday cake and simply couldn't afford it, so I decided to try and make it myself. I ended up being sick and couldn't make him a cake, but I had the bug! My hobby grew and I was making cakes for everyone I know when my husband told me that my hobby was getting too expensive. icon_sad.gif So, I decided to start charging people the cost of supplies. Now that my hobby was paying for itself, (and my list of favors was growing rapidly) I realized that this was taking up a lot of time. As a stay at home mom, I'd often said that I couldn't earn enough money at a job to make the time away from my family worth it. My husband started tracking the time I was losing (less trips to the park, staying up late to do laundry, eating fast food because I needed to make cake instead of dinner) and I realized, somebody should be paying me for this! Now I get to do something I really enjoy, I'm selective about what I make, and am well compensated for any time lost with my family and that money can go towards fun things for us to do together.

magpie14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magpie14 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 12:10am
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

I finally had a hobby that produced a non-cluttering result!

...I guess this does not take into consideration all the pans and cake tools we've all acquired over the years!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%