Fondant, Please ..

Baking By Manoleta Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 5:33am by Shadowess

Manoleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manoleta Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 10:24am
post #1 of 5

Hello all,
I need a good and easy fondant recipe that you have tried before, please ..
Thanks all ! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
MHCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MHCakes2 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 11:27am
post #2 of 5

The fondant recipe I use - and it's sooo simple:

1 lb bag marshmallows (either large or small, it doesn't matter)
2 lb bag of powdered sugar (sifted is best)
2 tbsp water or flavoring of your choice (I usually use vanilla)
Crisco to coat

Put marshmallows in a bowl along with water/flavoring, mix to coat marshmallows. Put in microwave for 30 second intervals until totally melted and fluffy (usually bout 2 minutes)

The next step you can to 2 ways:
1 - if you have a stand mixer grease dough hook, and sides of bowl, pour melted marshmallow in bowl, pour in powdered sugar and mix together until starting to form a lump and machine starts having a problem. Grease table top and your hands, then pour mixture out of bowl onto surface. You will need to knead the mixture until it it nice and silky and all the powdered sugar is gone.
2 - If you don't have a stand mixer, grease the surface, pour about half of the powdered sugar then make a well in it to pour the melted marshmallow. Grease your hands then begin kneading the mixtures together, continue adding the powdered sugar until you have used it all and the fondant is nice and silky.

To store, you will need to cover it with crisco and store wrapped in plastic wrap and a resealable plastic bag.

You can color as wanted.

If it is a little dry, then add a little water and knead it in.

Everone loves it and is so glad it doesn't taste like the store bought fondant.

HTH

cakesnglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnglass Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 11:55am
post #3 of 5

The recipe on Designmeacake web site by Edna is the best I have found for homemade. Easy to make and works great in warm weather. good luck.

Manoleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manoleta Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 5

MHcakes2: thank you so much for the easy recipe, I will try it and let you know how was it ..
Cakesnglsss: I wil check the website icon_smile.gif, thanks ..

Shadowess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shadowess Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 5:33am
post #5 of 5

If you are looking for a non-marshmallow fondant, I've found this one:
http://www.cakescanada.com/HowTo/Fondant.pdf

I've used it a number of times since I found it and it's wonderful and I've not gone back to MMF.

This recipe is image heavy and very step by step (which I like) it also has a kitchen aid instructions as well as by hand.
~Shadowess

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%