Arrrg...how Do You Get Spinkles On Cake Pops

Decorating By katnmouse Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 5:11pm by Ummeiko

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 4

Everyone loves the flavor of my cake balls/pops but I want to make them look pretty too. This past week I made a batch of strawberry (50+ balls) and a batch of lemon (50+ balls) for a baby shower at school. I wanted to add a decorative smattering of spinkles to make them festive but I couldn't get it to work. The sprinkles just clumped up and then pulled the chocolate off of the ball. I quit trying after a few because I couldn't afford to waste anymore cake balls. How do you get them to stick if you don't sprinkle when the chocolate is wet? TIA

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 4

You do have to sprinkle before the choc sets up.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 4

Ditto to what Leash_s says..You have to coat with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens so you have to work quickly...

Ummeiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ummeiko Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

If you've ever sprinkled donuts, I do it sort of like that. Have a container of chocolate next to a container of sprinkles. Dip in the chocolate and then quickly roll through the sprinkles. Only time I seem to run into trouble is if I don't have enough sprinkles in the container - shouldn't be pushing up against the edges or trying to search around the container to grab the sprinkles, just a quick roll through.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%