Tabla Cake

Decorating By noorya Updated 26 Jun 2013 , 9:40am by vaibhavi

noorya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noorya Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 8:13am
post #1 of 3

hey ppl,

I have a customer who have sent a picture of cake for her father's bday. Now it is a tabla cake and to be honest i m confused bout how to build this cake up. NOw she told me that she will suprise him with the cake on a picnic trip. Thus that means my cake needs to be stable and filled with filling that can be outside.

Can anyone plz share tips and hints on how I can build the cake up as shown on the picture?

Will really appreciate it thumbs_up.gif

http://www.surajit.nl/media/tabla.jpg

noori

2 replies
CakemummyCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemummyCC Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 10:30am
post #2 of 3

Hey Noorya, I am only new here myself, but I would stack the layers and carve them down like you would a teapot. I would use plenty of support, like dowel. I would use possibly a buttercream filling? or mock cream? If you are going to cover it with fondant, I would ganache the cake with chocolate, and let it set. This will make it more sturdy for travel. I did this with my 3D thomas the tank which had to travel for 3 hours on my lap! If you want any info on ganaching I can find a good tutorial for you. I hope that helps, maybe some more experienced decorators may offer some suggestions. Good luck.

vaibhavi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaibhavi Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:40am
post #3 of 3

hey Noorya,

will you please help me how did you made a tabla cake shape??

as i have to make for my dad n this is surprise for him on his birth day

just wanted to know how did you layered the cake and what icing you used. 

thank you so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%